Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By Pug Auntie
  • 2 Post By sassismom
  • 1 Post By *Leenie*
  • 1 Post By diesels.mom

Thread: Chnese Jerky Treats

CSollers is offline Village Sugar Daddy

Thumbs down Chnese Jerky Treats

Jerky treat mystery: Nearly 600 pets dead; still no source, FDA says - NBC News.com

Please read this article. The FDA has been dragging it's feet on this investigation. This has been going on for years and still no FDA required recall. It's another example of the government looking for for the big money.
    Chris, owned by Minni the diva, and "Sugar" Ray the ever hungry.
    Ray has since crossed the bridge but stays forever in my heart. I love you, Boo Boo. Oscar Wilde Thang has joined the family.
    DH to Ellen , DD to Lindsay and Carrie

Pug Auntie is offline Village Admiral

This is just disgusting. Yep, only the money. I had a friend loose a young dog over these chicken jerky treats due to kidney failure.
    So very sad. Don't you just love it when they suggest getting an autopsy too. Just what a pet owner wants to hear after loosing a dog.
    Just don't feed them store bought treats. It's as simple as that. If people would just research and see what's in the popular bacon, bacon, bacon treat they would be shocked. I make my own beef treats and then the pups get cleaned, washed off veggies.
    Plus we are being lied to all the time when we are told made in the USA. Okay great but where do they get the ingredients? Even human vitamins are made from sourced out material.
    Makes me sick.
    Thanks for bringing this back to the front.
    CSollers likes this.

CSollers is offline Village Sugar Daddy

Jerky Treat Progress Report?
    PLEASE READ...important information!
    Chris, owned by Minni the diva, and "Sugar" Ray the ever hungry.
    Ray has since crossed the bridge but stays forever in my heart. I love you, Boo Boo. Oscar Wilde Thang has joined the family.
    DH to Ellen , DD to Lindsay and Carrie

4. Remove Advertisements
    PugVillage.com
    Advertisements

sassismom is offline Village Original Southern Dame

I called to be sure Chicken Soup FTS is US products! As for vitamins also US! There are plenty of US Canadian companys out there to buy from! The other countries India/Pakistan/China etc. all have less rigid control over chemicals and pollutants. Their mercury levels are astronomical so the farm raised fish is contaminated, they have no human waste cleaning facilities so.....

I am only buying US and Canadian if it is labeled other wise oh well back on the shelf. It's hard but if they are poisoning the Pets (and children remember LEAD in mattel toys from China) what do you think they do to us?

Dr. Oz had a program that did testing on the vitamins the "natural ingredients and fillers" where toxic so fresh foods or supplements from inside the US.

Remember NAFTA supposed to build jobs between NORTH America/Mexico/Canada (that was the last government shut down) I may not be a rocket scientist but I am certain that China/India/Pakistan/etc. are a little outside the North American area!
    CSollers and Pug Auntie like this.
    "A life without pugs is possible but pointless." Vicco von Bülow My Sweet Babies until we meet again at the Bridge Sassi (1998 - 2011) Angus (2005 - 2017) Meelah (2005 - 2018) Sissi (2011 - 2019) Cecil (2018 - 2020)

*Leenie* is offline Village VP

This is why Bubba has never had and never will have ANYTHING from China.
    diesels.mom likes this.

diesels.mom is offline Village VP

Reasons like this are exactly why I make 95% of all treats the boys get from scratch.
    CSollers likes this.

+ Reply to Thread