Thundershirt????
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Thundershirt????

pugsnbugg is offline Village Witch

Default Thundershirt????

Has anyone ever tried this?

Thundershirt- the best solution for dog anxiety
    Thundershirt is a proven solution for dog anxiety. With over an 85% success rate, Thundershirt's gentle, constant pressure can eliminate fear of thunder, fireworks, separation anxiety, car anxiety, problem barking and more. Visit www.thundershirt.com to see "Before and After" videos. Drug-Free. Easy to use. And a money-back guarantee.
    Sally... Mom to Huron, Badger, Raven, Willow, Angel, Erie, Zeb & Nana to Gauge (the Pug in Beagle fur)

Always in My Heart:
    Mr. Boots & Bugsy
    Kitty Purrsia

6 Beautiful Pugs is offline Village Caretaker of the Old & Broken

LOL...never heard of it. Reminds me of a straitjacket for dogs!

Take care,
    Lisa
    In a gentle way, you can shake the world.

- Mohandas Gandhi

tall grass pugs is offline Village Orb Weaver Advocate

Looks like a silly thing, exactly how is a size too small vest going to correct leash pulling.

lihuesue is offline Village Senator

I have one!!! Got it for my Rat Terrier because he is a spaz... It's supposed to help with him being nervous and anxiety... Supposed to work immediately... supposed to see your dog calm right down...

All Luke did was snarl at me when I put it on him.... I guess I should try it again... This poor guy even gets house separation, he never wants to leave his house and yard... We take him for a ride in the car and he's ok for about 5 mins. then he starts howling and almost crying... We're trying lil by lil to get him to ease up a bit... and thought any edge would be a good one....

Wally 'n' Leto is offline Pugzu Guru

Weighted vests work well to calm human children with hyperactivity and/or anxiety, as well as those on the autism spectrum.
    Heather, Mommy to skinkid Toby and furkids Sir Wally of Pugzu and Duke Leto Prancypants the Fragrant.

Also Mom to Just Dakota the Canadian X and Dharma the Paint; Seed Shoveler Extraordinaire to rescue budgies Spud, Minty, and Wendy.

Main squeeze of high school sweetie Scot.

Pug of Perfection is offline Village VP

How weird that you posted this. I saw somebody on my Facebook "liked' it, so I went to the website and ordered one. Roxi has anxiety, particularly when I walk her - she pulls so hard and barks herself into a frenzy when cars go by. I'll let you guys know how it works after we try it. I'm optimistic because when my daughter uses the blow dryer, she flips out, so the other night, I held her very tight and talked to her and she settled down.
    Mommy to Daruma Gene, the Pug of Perfection...and Roxi Lou, my sweet crazy furkid.

Always missing my sweet baby grandpug, Montgomery Marie - I will someday see you at the Rainbow Bridge, my sweet little girl - (05/25/07-08/13/10 - victim to PDE)

tall grass pugs is offline Village Orb Weaver Advocate

I can see that the shirt or vest if weighted would force the luckless animal to breath more slowly, which might have some calming effect coupled with fatigue on exertion. But it is not a teaching tool, it is a mechanical substitute for time and patience. Paws down on the Thundershirt.

miss_emily is offline Village Mayor

I've heard that it does help some, but I think in the case of a dog freaking out to blow dryers or thunder and what not, the best trick is desensitization. I did it to Frank with nail trimmers and cutting his nails. If you're having problems with the dogs freaking out to things like thunderstorms, fireworks, etc. you're better off leaving them be and ignoring the behavior instead of consoling and in a way reinforcing it. I know Victoria Stillwell on her show uses the thundershirt (or something like it) on some dogs...I think the last one was on a Papillon.
    *Emily*
    Frankie-Pug Mix

Come and visit our blog!

jstpugginalong is offline Village Admiral

Our Golden has a horrible time during a thunderstorm and I've tried just about everything but this "shirt" so if anyone finds that it really does work please let me know! Until then I will continue to stuff her ears with cotton and crank up the indoor noise and pray for it to end soon!!!!
    Teri
    Mom To
    RosieBearTrooperSadieHoss
    Fabulous Felines Quinn & Mia
    &
    My Beautiful Quarter Horses & Paints

pugsnbugg is offline Village Witch

Ha! I saw this on FB too!!!! I was wondering the same thing Ellen...about it being too small and squeezing the dog. I don't have the extra 36.00 to spend on it.....just wondering..... It took me 2-3 years to get brave enought to spend 20 on the doggie steps (they love them) and 15 on the Pedi-Paws (they hate it)!
    Sally... Mom to Huron, Badger, Raven, Willow, Angel, Erie, Zeb & Nana to Gauge (the Pug in Beagle fur)

Always in My Heart:
    Mr. Boots & Bugsy
    Kitty Purrsia

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast