Urine smelling fishy....
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Urine smelling fishy....

Estrella_Luna is offline Village Admiral

Default Urine smelling fishy....

Alright everyone, I need some help please. I am gone on vacation until the 27th and my boyfriend is watching Phoebe. He just called me to report that an hour after taking her out where she she did both #1 and #2 she has peed all over our bedroom and it smells of rotting fish. This concerns me greatly. She has never peed in the house especially after being out just an hour earlier. He had run out for a quick errand and came home to find a LARGE puddle and the foul odor. I don't know if she is still upset that I am gone or do you think that a urinary tract infection could be taking place? I know that she needs to have her anal glands drained which I was planning on having done with her rabies shot on the 27th when I get back. The boyfriend is clueless as to what to do and says that after two clean ups ( we have hardwood floors) the smell is just overwhelming. With me being 1200 miles away, I feel totally helpless. Of course this would happen while I am gone! Should I have hime take her to the vet? I don't know what to do!

Star ~ Mom to Phoebe the Pug and the feisty felines, Garbo & Jubei
    "Owning a dog is slightly less expensive than being addicted to crack.
    ― Jen Lancaster

shaynapug is offline Village Royalty

Fishy smell is usually anal glands.

I would have her urine checked if she's having accidents and is housebroken. Better safe than sorry. UTI's are uncomfortable and respond quickly to meds.
    Urine infections do smell foul! Can smell like amonia at times when UTI is there also.
    Diane
    Shayna Pugs
    http://www.midmichiganpugclub.com
    Chairperson of PDCA Rescue Committee

Estrella_Luna is offline Village Admiral

Well Phoebe went to the vet this morning. My boyfriend had to reschedule her appointment. She has a bladder infection and her anal glands were full. They have been drained and she got some antibiotics. Poor thing. What a way to spend Christmas. My boyfriend in such a good sport. He deserves something really nice. She hasn't needed a visit to the vet for months and of course it happens when I am gone! lol I feel bad because I don't even know how long she has had it and I know how awful I feel when I have one. Sigh.

Star ~ Mom to Phoebe the Pug and the feisty felines, Garbo & Jubei
    "Owning a dog is slightly less expensive than being addicted to crack.
    ― Jen Lancaster

pugaddiction is offline Village Admiral

Poor Phoebe, missing you and a bladder infection. Maybe this is why she has been acting strange, I too know how it feels to have one, yuk. Hope she feels better soon. Your BF must really love her and you for looking after her so well and getting her to the vet.
    GINA

6 Beautiful Pugs is offline Village Caretaker of the Old & Broken

Diane sure nailed that one!

Hope she feels better soon!

Take care,
    Lisa
    In a gentle way, you can shake the world.

- Mohandas Gandhi

+ Reply to Thread