Female Pug in heat??
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Female Pug in heat??

PrincessPugGirl is offline Village VP

Default Female Pug in heat??

So I was wondering Cabella is 8 months old and I was wondering when do females go in heat? what will her signs be, if any?

I want to get her fixed but they said they cannot do it until her first cycle.. any help would be great
    Tania mommy to Princess, Remington and Cabella (the Pugs) and also a crazy cat lady ( Snickers, Gracie, Faith,Ringo, and Kong)

**I have facebook **

shaynapug is online now Village Royalty

She can be spayed before her first heat! Most people do spay close to 6 months so that their girls don't go into heat.

If she's not in heat now, I'd get her fixed ASAP!!!

Males can smell the female a few weeks before they come in. Sometimes their vulva swells...sometimes not.....Watch for the first sign of blood.
    Diane
    Shayna Pugs
    http://www.midmichiganpugclub.com
    Chairperson of PDCA Rescue Committee

CountryPug is offline Village Pug Pony & Penguin Wrangler

I agree with Diane, there is no need to wait until after their first heat cycle. I would go to a different vet if he won't do it. Both my girls were spayed at 6 months and before either had a heat cycle and they did fine.

Christa, Mom to Toby & Kelsey

missing Riley and Roxy, who are at the bridge
    and my precious Bella 11-2-07 - 05-6-12

DixiesMom is offline Village Governor

Ditto - because going through it w/them is worse than going through it w/a teenage girl. Signs? Miss Dixie didn't want to eat, drink, play, potty routinely or anything. All she did is throw little tantrums and then for a week kept my washer busy because every time I thought 'well, she's done spotting, no need to go get some diapers' she'd prove me wrong. Run, don't walk, and get'r done!

PrincessPugGirl is offline Village VP

LOL thanks so much I will talk to my vet and make an appointment within the New Year (early January)
    Tania mommy to Princess, Remington and Cabella (the Pugs) and also a crazy cat lady ( Snickers, Gracie, Faith,Ringo, and Kong)

**I have facebook **

SallyAndTilly is offline Village Model's Mom & Photo Nut

Please have it done right away. Males can small a female in heat from miles away and will do anything to get to them. Not to mention the mess a female in heat makes. At least three weeks worth of mess. I would so hate to hear your baby had been accidentally bred.

+ Reply to Thread