Head bobbing up and down?
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Head bobbing up and down?

CracklinRosie is offline Village Mayor

Default Head bobbing up and down?

For the past several months, we have noticed that Rosie (almost two years old) sometimes slowly nods her head up and down. The episodes last for maybe 10-15 seconds and she does not appear to be in pain or otherwise distressed. We observe this maybe 3 times a week, sometimes less. It's a pretty deep nod, and the first time we saw it, at a distance, we thought that there was something in her throat that she was having trouble swallowing.

Yesterday is the first time we saw it twice in a single day, and it was also the day that we applied Frontline on her. Not sure if there is a connection at all.

She is completely normal before and after the episodes. We've done some googling and think that "idiopathic" head tremors might be the issue. These are apparently common in boxers, bulldogs, and certain other breeds. We're going to ask our vet on Rosie's next visit, but has anyone had similiar symptoms with their pug? Alice

shaynapug is offline True Village Royalty

I have not heard of this.....my thoughts are with you and I'll be interested to see what the vet has to say!
    Diane
    Shayna Pugs
    http://www.midmichiganpugclub.com
    Member of PDCA Rescue Committee

6 Beautiful Pugs is offline Village Caretaker of the Old & Broken

Is she "there" during an episode?

Take care,
    Lisa
    In a gentle way, you can shake the world.

- Mohandas Gandhi

4. Remove Advertisements
    PugVillage.com
    Advertisements

ZoeZoesmom is offline Village Royalty

Take a video and bring it to your vet.

My DD's Bully does this. The vet said to give him something......I think it was ice cream or honey. I will check and get back to you. They did take a video and they said it was very common in certain breeds.

“I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.”

~Maya Angelou

@}-;-Dawn, Momma to Diesel my Pug love and Sicily the tiny Chihuahua ...my loves
    Missing my big boy...^Tuxedo^, Mommy's Landseer and my heart ^Zoe ^my first Pug❤️
    Gizmo my purr-baby, ^Dega^ , my furry angel watching over me from The Rainbow Bridge

*j9* is offline Village Mayor

Tuff does this every now and again...I guess I just thought it was one of his quirks, maybe to clear mucus out of his nose or throat, since Pugs are such "boogery" dogs. :-p
    Pawsterity Pet Portraits

CracklinRosie is offline Village Mayor

We have not seen an episode since our post on May 1. Don't know if the yogurt we added to her daily breakfast is helping, or if we just haven't been around when she does it. The clearing-of-mucus idea actually might make sense, but we'll ask the vet when Rosie has her normal visit at the end of the month...

Stazz is offline Village Admiral

My golly, that sounds strange. BUt I do hope it's just her trying to dose off and nothing more sinister ! Let us now what the vet says.
    Stace
    Mom to Yoda & Leia

xxx

+ Reply to Thread