help! Red bumps under Chin!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: help! Red bumps under Chin!

sidney12684 is offline New to the Village

Default help! Red bumps under Chin!

Hi everyone! Im new to PV but have been meaning to join since getting Nina my 1and1/2 year old silver fawn pug. I recently added a 6 week old little boy who is nina's bioligical brother and am very excited!

Im writing about Red sores/ bumps on Ninas Chin. She will get similar red dots in her face near her wiskers, but the ones under the chin are the worst. Currently she has one that is quite large and im concerned. It is red and very elevated alomost wart looking. close to the size of large tick. She has had some smaller ones in the past that have gone away but this one has not. Ive been googling and seems that others have similar problems with their pugs, some cites said thatt it could be pug acne?

Does anyone have some advice, or has anyone had similar experiences with their pug?
    Thanks!!!

ashbee03 is offline Village Governor

You shouldn't do this, but squeeze one.
    If it pops out pus, it is a form of K9 acne.
    Basically a skin infection.

I would wash her face after eating and use stainless steel bowls.

Throw out plastic toys, or atleast wash them everytime after use.

I have constant facial infection problems with my pug. Been to the vet many times. Many unnecessary antibiotics.

Use an antibiotic ointment when they flare up. Like polysporin or neosporin. (No name brands work too if its the same ingredients.)

It could be linked with an allergy. Try switching foods ? What are you feeding her ?
    It could also just be environmental. Which means it can flare up every once in a while. Like my dog. She sometimes doesn't have anything, a nice clear face for months and then boom, a breakout.

If it is not popping, or is filled with blood, I would see your vet.
    Could be a skin disease or disorder. But it sounds somewhat normal to me.

Posting a pic could also help !
    My pug has had a huge zit before, 2 in 1 basically. Thought it was a tumor. Vet laughed.
    Last edited by ashbee03; 06-27-2011 at 09:32 PM.
    mommy to my first furchild ; shylah !

Exclamation

Hi thanks for responding. I really hope that it's acne. I want to avoid unnecessary vet bills. Well here is the picture. Hope it works !

[img]http://i1186.photobucket.com/albums/z372/sidney26

Stazz is offline Village Admiral

Ash has given you great advice, she's experience in this with her puggy.
    I can't really add much to that, but if its not acne it could be a staff infection. Maybe post a pic of your puggy?
    Will keep Nina in my prayers.
    Stace
    Mom to Yoda & Leia

xxx

MrJiggles is offline New to the Village

Hi,
    I don't want to just butt in, but I think my pug, Mr.Jiggles, might have the same thing. He has one little red bump on his lip right now.
    What is concerning to us is that just 3 months ago, Mr.Jiggles had a small tumor removed from face. It started out as a small bump that we thought was a puggy zit, but it didn't go away and just kept growing.
    This one is a little different than the last one because it is really red. I have a picture, though it isn't vry good, maybe someone will be able to identify it better though.

claireb is offline New to the Village

My pug has had a few red bumps on his chin which were pimples. What worked for me was boiling water and adding some salt. When it cools I apply by wiping he area with cotton wool, it is basically a saline solution which helps dry out spots. A little blood appear to surface on second application, but after that it got smaller and went away and I was so relieved!

Thanks for all the replies. I am having a real hard time trying to get a picture of this up here. Its been a few weeks and i have been making sure to clean her chin and face everyday at least once. I tried the saline solution, i also tried using perocide on the bump a few times. When i tried to pop it it didnt . it just got really red and looked like a lil bit of blood. As of now it has defintely gotten better, you can still see something there but it is much smaller. any advice on the easist way to post a picture on here??

i feed nina Blue Buffalo chicken and rice formula.
    1/2 cup am
    1/2 cup pm

+ Reply to Thread