Button T My little black pug wont stop itching
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Button T My little black pug wont stop itching

Button T is offline New to the Village

Default Button T My little black pug wont stop itching

My 2 year old pug is itching his legs ,ears and belly. Tried benedryl, flea control, oatmeal soap, clean towels, went to vet got a steroid shot, changed his diet to duck and potato kept him out of ragweed and grass and he still itching. Help

6 Beautiful Pugs is offline Village Caretaker of the Old & Broken

Did the steroid shot help at all?

Take care,
    Lisa
    In a gentle way, you can shake the world.

- Mohandas Gandhi

Default Steriod shot

No, the steroid shot did not work he still goes crazy itching.

Wally 'n' Leto is offline Pugzu Guru

Steroids suppress the immune system, if it was allergies it should have helped. Can you get to see a dermatologist somewhere?
    Heather, Mommy to skinkid Toby and furkids Sir Wally of Pugzu and Duke Leto Prancypants the Fragrant.

Also Mom to Just Dakota the Canadian X and Auntie to Radar the Paint; Seed Shoveler Extraordinaire to rescue budgies Spud, Minty, and Wendy.

Main squeeze of high school sweetie Scot.

Pugpillow is offline Village Royalty

Try this first: take him off all grains (including treats). If this doesn't work, it's possible an allergy to one or more proteins in his food. There are a lot of preservative and potential cross-contamination in commercial kibbles, so you may want/have to try raw food. I've been where you are and I know how frustrating it can be, but your problem can be solved. I have done it several times and pass on my experience and knowledge so other dogs and their guardians don't have to suffer as long as some of my dogs did. Read these:

Why and How I Feed Raw - updated July, 2010 (includes Breakfast Slop recipe)

FOOD ALLERGIES and ELIMINATION DIETS
    "You cannot afford to subject your animals, or your children, to medical interventions that you do not understand. The belief system upon which the conventional medical model is founded is so faulty, so corrupt and so dangerous that you simply cannot afford to follow blindly." Catherine O’Driscoll http://www.whale.to/vaccine/driscoll1.html

Hilary & the Pugpillow Gang: Rescues: Denver (10), Tina (7), Murdoch (5) and chihuahua puppy Maximus Spartacus. Always loving my angel-girl Mei-Ling (1994-2009), my cutie-patootie Kim-Soo (1995-2010), my precious Daisy-Bo (1998?-2006), my sweet boyfriend Jake (1997-2010), my little black beauty Betsy (1995-2010), my sweet old grumpy man Gooey (1996-2011), and my sweet gentleman Farnsworth (1998-2012) at the Bridge.

Russ is offline Village Royalty

My sis's peke has the itchy issue where she's gnawed herself raw. I tried what was suggested which was prednesone, very low dose, and it worked. Now she is weening off it and she is more itchy again, but not like before. Today will be her bath day again so will see how it goes afterwards. I also started her with vitimins (omega 3s, etc...) and she has been eating the good stuff, Ziwipeak for 2 weeks now. But still some itchyness as I mentioned.

When Mz Tilly had some itchiness I used my flea comb with her, she loved it because it would scratch the itch like she couldn't. And it gave me peace of mind that it wasn't fleas! :) For her I never found a reason, but it stopped on it's own. But even still I flea comb and give her the 'full-body-massage' before we head upstairs because it became ritual and she expects it. She speaks to me during the massage

Default How to take Button to France

How do you take your pug to France . I here they cant go in a plane because of there short nose. And dont want to put him in the cargo area. Any ideas ?

+ Reply to Thread