Do some pugs shed more than others?
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By lbgrrl

Thread: Do some pugs shed more than others?

mishoga is offline Village Mayor

Default Do some pugs shed more than others?

My boy pug shed a lot for a couple of months but now he doesn't shed so much. My girl on the other hand shed like crazy. Every time she's on my lap there is mounds of hair on my pants and shirts when she jumps down, even if she has only been on my lap for 5 minutes (and I brush her down everyday).

Also about furminator, I purchased one that said for small dogs. Either I am doing something wrong or I have the wrong one. It really doesn't seem to get that much hair off. My mit works better. What furminator brush do you all use?

When is molting season?
    May we all be kind and full of love

Pugpillow is offline Village Royalty

Absolutely! Double-coated pugs generally shed more than single-coated. I don't use a Furminator so can't comment on that but like the shedding blade. Also, make sure they are eating a good food.
    "You cannot afford to subject your animals, or your children, to medical interventions that you do not understand. The belief system upon which the conventional medical model is founded is so faulty, so corrupt and so dangerous that you simply cannot afford to follow blindly." Catherine O’Driscoll http://www.whale.to/vaccine/driscoll1.html

Hilary & the Pugpillow Gang: Rescues: Denver (10), Tina (7), Murdoch (5) and chihuahua puppy Maximus Spartacus. Always loving my angel-girl Mei-Ling (1994-2009), my cutie-patootie Kim-Soo (1995-2010), my precious Daisy-Bo (1998?-2006), my sweet boyfriend Jake (1997-2010), my little black beauty Betsy (1995-2010), my sweet old grumpy man Gooey (1996-2011), and my sweet gentleman Farnsworth (1998-2012) at the Bridge.

Tinker's mom is offline Village Royalty

Tinker stopped shedding as bad when I switched her food.
    Jackie,Mom to Robbie & Stacy my human children and Tinker my furkid.

Pug'd is offline Village Puppy

I've found that our double coated pug sheds less that the single coated. Go figure. Diet makes a big difference.
    ~Charlie~Honey~Loki~Dodger~Toby~Penny~

MopsMeister is offline Village Mayor

Both of my pugs shed billions of tiny little pug hairs every time they stand-up.
    In fact, their shedding has just started getting really bad again. End of winter. I have to vacuum at least every other day and once a week I have to empty the clear plastic drum that is about 80% full of nothing but hair. The stuff clings to everything like Velcro.
    Last edited by MopsMeister; 04-09-2012 at 08:17 AM.
    "The things that come to those who wait are nothing more than the leftovers from those who got there first"

What I meant was can one fawn pug shed more than another fawn pug?

lbgrrl is offline Village Mayor

Beatrice need only walk by the couch and it is instantly blanketed with billions of fawn colored hairs. No matter how many times the couch sucks all her hair off, she instantly replaces it with billions more hairs, which instantly detach and glue themselves on whatever I have just finished using the sticky roller on. I thought the pug shedding thing was a myth for the first two months I had her--she didnt shed that badly at all then. Oh I was so naive. She must have shed enough hair to make five more pugs. I feed her Taste of the Wild and brush her often, but I am no match for the Incredible Hair-Ejecting Pug!
    Last edited by lbgrrl; 04-10-2012 at 01:05 AM.
    mishoga likes this.

You know it's crazy with the amount of misinformation out there. I lost my Yorkie second week of this past December. Didn't know much, actually anything about pugs except my oldest son loved them. So we decided to get him one for his Christmas gift. Only 6 days lapsed between the death of my Yorkie and a new pug entering our home.
    I googled pugs whenever I had some down time to research the breed and I swear most of the sites I came upon said a pug doesn't shed or sheds very little. Boy was I surprised.
    I'm super allergic and my youngest reacted immediately because he has a compromised immune system. So the babies are not allowed upstairs. And I am the vacuum Queen. I vacuum at least 3-5 times a day. I sweep my floors once a day and I steam clean my floors as needed(obviously more than usual because of the recent accidents)

All I have to say is "MAN do they shed". But my girl sheds like crazy
    Last edited by mishoga; 04-10-2012 at 01:49 AM.

+ Reply to Thread