Stanley's nose is losing color
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Stanley's nose is losing color

HeatherY is offline Village Puppy

Default Stanley's nose is losing color

Hi there, new to Pug Village and also a new pug owner. Stanley is approx. 6 months old born April 18th and tons of fun and more personality than his body can handle. That being said, Stanley loves three things: food/treats, cuddle, and sniffing. In fact once he gets his sniffer going it take awhile for him to settle down. This wouldn't bother me at all, except in the past week or so I have noticed that his sniffer it's losing color. He has lost some of the black on his nose and is slightly pinkish and I'm starting to worry that he's worn out his sniffer. Any advice?

Last edited by HeatherY; 10-21-2012 at 10:16 PM.

AmberB is online now Village VP

Sorry I don't have any advice but I just wanted to let you know that our 3 month old puggie's nose is doing the same thing....its losing some black and showing pink. he's not a big sniffer like your guy so I have no idea why its happening. 8 )

sugarskullz is offline Village Adornista & SugarSkull Junkie

I know that some Huskies get what is called "snow nose" in the winter and their black noses start to get blotches of pink on them and then it disappears come springtime. Maybe it's something similar with your pug?
    **Patrice - owned by Miss Lola Falana & my Buddy, Ozzy**

lbgrrl is offline Village Mayor

Beatrice has the same issue. Not sure why this happened (she was like that when I got her). I am sure her nose was black when she was born, as most puggers are...

MuShu Mom is offline Village Royalty

My MuShu had that problem as a puppy and her vet trained in holistic/Western/and Chinese medicine told me what it was but I cannot remember what it was. MuSHu had so many other health issues at the time I can't remember all of the things she was deficient in, but after going on some Chinese herbs and a new diet, eventually working towards a raw diet, her nose is normal again. Don't know if you can find a similarly trained vet in Duluth but it would sure be worth while! Or maybe you can find some info on the internet?

ON THE EIGHTH DAY, GOD CREATED PUGS !

Hopelessly "Pugged" ,

Cheri

HeatherY is offline Village Puppy

Did some research and talked to a friend of mine who just became a Vet and was told, not a big deal. Some Pugs get lighter noses, some Pugs get tans, their pigment system is complex, but everything is normal. Phew.

Frida is offline Village Governor

Popeye's whole nose was pink when I got him at about 4 weeks old. It slowly started turning black as he got older and is now completely black. Another dog owner noticed this when he was little and said that American Staffords also have pink noses as pups that turn black.

TNPUGMOMOF2 is offline Village Royalty

Winter nose here... Hanky gets it every year.
    Marci - pugmom to Lola, Bella, Hank & BIG brother Odin the English Mastiff.

+ Reply to Thread