Best shampoo for pugs
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Best shampoo for pugs

Clancaster23 is offline Village Puppy

Default Best shampoo for pugs

Now that we got Iggy on the Frontline Plus I want to start shampooing him with non-flea shampoo to ease his allergic areas (back around legs and tail). He's also all black so something that will give a nice shine to his coat would be nice also. Anyone have any recommendations on a good brand?

PapayaThePug is offline Village Puppy

Hello!
    My Papaya uses Isle of Dogs grooming products ( https://www.iodogs.com) they have a great variety of products, so I'm sure you'll find one that fits your pug needs. My puppy loves getting baths, he seems to love his shampoo and conditioner too much. His coat is very soft, shiny, absolutely no itching, he is a happy puppy.
    Have you consider not using Frontline or maybe changing to a natural flea and tick repellent? I've read many very sad stories of people who had their pets on Frontline, some pets died, had fur loss, itching and many other kinds of allergic and neurological reactions. My dog is too tiny to put him on any kind of flea control yet, but when he comes of age I think he'll be using Cedar Oil Shampoo ( Cedaroil.com) every now and then. I don't use pesticides at home, just spray diluted Cedar Oil every 2 weeks and I haven't seen one bug inside my home ( I live in the dessert and spiders, crickets, scorpions, ants etc are everywhere) and the best part is that is a natural repellent, nothing that may make my family sick.
    That's the best advice I can give you, hope you find a product that makes your pug the happiest!

pedouard is offline Village Mayor

My vet suggested shampoo with oatmeal....I use one from target (Oster oatmeal naturals-baby powder scent) works well, and I love the baby powder smell! :)

pugtown is offline Village Admiral

Earthbath: totally natural, non toxic, paraben free, phthalate free, and phosphate free. Our products are made in the USA with human-grade ingredients and pure essential oils, with none of the artificial colors and fragrances present in some other brands. I've been using Mediterranean.

Welcome :: earthbath® - totally natural pet care

I also like Green Bulldog shampoo. Organic Dog Shampoo, Dog Skin Treatment and Natural Pet Care Products by GreenBulldog

+ Reply to Thread