Urgent advice please!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree37Likes

Thread: Urgent advice please!

ROLO is offline Village Mayor

Default Urgent advice please!

Hi all, over the weekend I was worrying about Rolo getting fat and now I'm just plain worrying and don't know what to do.
    He had explosive poo last night, jumped off the bed twice to poo. He was fine in himself though. I went to work and have just got home to find the following (as reported by hubby who's home with Rolo all day).

Rolo ate a bit of breakfast (kibble and rice) but has been really lethargic all day. He has had to carry him up and down the stairs as Rolo just stands looking sad.
    Rolo is now panting, not fast and heavy done a lot of exercise panting, but like fast shallow breathing. His heart rate seems up and he's a bit quivery too. He's not himself at all and we've never seen him like this.

A tummy bug? Something he ate? Or something more serious?
    Any advice gratefully appreciated from much more experienced pug parents.
    Thanks in advance

AmyR is offline Village Ninja Pug

I'm sure I'm no more experienced really than you but I guess it's the middle of the night where most of the experts live! :)
    So, how soon can you get him in to a vet?
    When you say explosive, diarrhoea?? Has there been any more?
    Can you take his temp or are you like me and leave that one to the Vets?

With him being lethargic aswell, I'd be wanting him seen by a vet. I wouldn't give him any more food until he's been seen.
    Make sure he drinks plenty and keep us informed. Good luck, I hope it's nothing serious and sorry I can't be of any more assistance.
    ROLO likes this.
    Amy
    ~ Will's mum and servant!
    And now mummy to puppy Charlie too! Who said pugs are addictive?! :)

puglover22 is offline Village Royalty

I would get him to the vet ASAP! Please come back and update us!
    I will pray that he will be ok Has he had any vaccines lately? If so he may be having a reaction to them
    CountryPug, ROLO and Penny's Mom like this.

Stephanie, pugmom to Louie Livewire - 3/15/06 - 6/30/22
    and my 4 angels waiting at the bridge....
    the very special Junior, my pug angel who is doing agility at the rainbow bridge 11/22/91 - 3/13/06
    the very special Danny, my first dog, a Dandie Dinmont Terrier 4/5/70 - 2/10/84
    the very special Paddy, the pug who was loved around the world, who my family had the pleasure and honor of loving for the last 3 years and 5 months 5/1/98 - 8/6/14
    the very special Frannie, the tiniest baby girl pug we ever knew - came into our lives 12/18/16 - 6/26/21

4. Remove Advertisements
    PugVillage.com
    Advertisements

Thanks Amy. I just put our thermometer in his ear and it's 38.5 which according to Google is normal for a dog.
    He hadn't exploded again I don't think -he disappears out the door up the back garden when he needs to go so I can't be sure.
    There'll be no walk for him tonight as it's still stiflingly hot with a nasty haze and he hasn't moved for the last 2 hours so I don't think he'd want to.
    We don't yet have a preferred vet which is a horrible situation to be in. I do have the name of one to try who comes highly recommended and I've just googled the 24hr animal hospital here just in case.
    I hate to see him like this - he just looks so sad.
    Hope we can get him to a vet - hubby doesn't have a car, I can't miss work, dogs can't travel on public transport here and unlikely in taxis too :(

He's not had any vaccines or any change :(

Tinker's mom is offline Village Royalty

Panting and quivering are signs of pain. He needs to see a vet ASAP. Please update us.
    Jackie,Mom to Robbie & Stacy my human children and Tinker my furkid.

Jacqui is offline Village VP

Poor Rolo - could he have eaten something he shouldn't have? Is his abdomen sore to touch? Or tight? Is he 'guarding' it, trying to stop you from gently pressing it? Any vomit?

You really do need to get him to a vet. It may be something relatively simple to treat but you need to get it checked out. Hope Rolo is better soon, keep us updated.
    ROLO likes this.
    Jacqui, mum to 3 human children and 3 furkids - Logie the pug, Luca the flat coat and Oskar the tabby cat

6 Beautiful Pugs is offline Village Caretaker of the Old & Broken

he needs a vet ASAP.

Check his gums, are they nice and pink or are they pale, grayish, bluish or brick colored?

If you press on his gums firmly they should turn white where you pressed, but immediately go pink again. If it takes a while to turn pink his blood pressure is low.

Take care,
    Lisa
    ROLO, Cherub and Penny's Mom like this.
    In a gentle way, you can shake the world.

- Mohandas Gandhi

myboysRmylife is offline Village Admiral

What Lisa said ↑↑↑ Given the 12hr time difference, it's 1:35am there; I sure hope you've been to the 24hr hospital you found. Poor Rolo =( I'm especially worried about the quivering & breathing. The one time Bruno presented with those symptoms, I took him to our 24hr clinic & came home without him; aspiration pneumonia! It came on so fast & he was a very sick boy. I thank God I took him in, despite it being the middle of the night. Praying Rolo is okay, and watching for updates.
    ROLO likes this.

Penny's Mom is offline Village Mayor

oh poor Rolo please get him to vet ASAP. I'll keep him in my prays that it isn't anything too serious. keep us updated
    ROLO likes this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast