Throwing up bile in the morning...
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Throwing up bile in the morning...

PugsleyandOzzysmom is offline Village Beantown Princess

Question Throwing up bile in the morning...

Just wondering if anyone else has run into this... Pugsley has been throwing up bile almost every morning for a week. I called my vet and he said to feed him in the morning and later in the day... I keep switching his feeding times, but it doesn't seem to be helping... Any suggestions? Has anyone else run into this problem???
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Leslie
    AKA Pugsley & Ozzy's Mommy & Slave

A dog is a bond between strangers. ---John Steinbeck

Long live the "NWH" memory!!!

Calgret is offline Village Senator

Leslie,

Brutus did that for a while back. I switched his food to Eagle Pack and he hasn't done it since.
    Gretchen
    Mom to Brutus and Norton

Visit Norton at Dogster
    Visit his brother Bru at Dogster
    Snap Happy Girl

crazypugmom is offline Village Admiral

Leslie,

that is what Taz would do then I found out it was his food. His went on for years because I just thought he go upset stomachs a lot. I never dawned on me it could be the type of food he was eating until after reading so many people on the forums with similar problems. For years I fed him science diet small bites because he refused any other foods. I finally tried Natural Balance which is hasn't thrown up in months. He also threw up on Wellness
    Leslye, Chyna, Tinker, Ruffy and husband Tim &
    our angels Pugsly and Taz waiting for us in heaven

Northern Illinois Pug Rescue & Adoption

www.northernillinoispugrescue.org

http://www.dogster.com/family/766626

FourteenLegs is offline Village Diva

Can't think of anything - hope he gets over it soon. Give him a hug from Aunty Rona
    Check out the PugVillage Books - buy one from HERE and help rescue.

Rona and the Principessas Imogen and Pearl. Holding in our hearts forever LouLou and Puck who have been reunited at the Bridge.
    All my babies at the Bridge - LouLou, Puck, Piaff, Donato, Persia, Dragon, Smugs, (Pugs) and Madam and her son Woolfie (horses).

PugsleyandOzzysmom is offline Village Beantown Princess

Quote Originally Posted by crazypugmom
    Leslie,

that is what Taz would do then I found out it was his food. His went on for years because I just thought he go upset stomachs a lot. I never dawned on me it could be the type of food he was eating until after reading so many people on the forums with similar problems. For years I fed him science diet small bites because he refused any other foods. I finally tried Natural Balance which is hasn't thrown up in months. He also threw up on Wellness

UGH... That is what he is on... Wellness... I guess I need to look for a new food...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Leslie
    AKA Pugsley & Ozzy's Mommy & Slave

A dog is a bond between strangers. ---John Steinbeck

Long live the "NWH" memory!!!

crazypugmom is offline Village Admiral

Leslie,

Natural Balance does not have corn, soy, or wheat in it which is one reason I even tried it. Petco carries it but not Petsmart. It comes in chicken, venison, fish, duck, vegetarian and a couple of others. I personally think it is a pretty good food and have been so pleased that Taz can eat it without getting sick all the time. Of course, each animal is different. I also like the fact that it can be found easily. Where I live, there are not many specialty pet stores that carry a variety of the good, quality foods.
    Leslye, Chyna, Tinker, Ruffy and husband Tim &
    our angels Pugsly and Taz waiting for us in heaven

Northern Illinois Pug Rescue & Adoption

www.northernillinoispugrescue.org

http://www.dogster.com/family/766626

Puggie Baby is offline Village Governor

Tonka also threw up bile early in the mornings on Wellness and Blue Buffalo. Never with Chicken Soup or Solid Gold.
    Kristy & Tonka
    www.dogster.com/?113021
    http://tonkalove.blogspot.com/

"My goal in life is to become as wonderful as my dog thinks I am." - Toby & Eileen Green

pebblesmom is offline Village Governor

Was the vet concerned about anything other than food intake? NOT suggesting that Pugsley swallowed anything, but my Shih Tzu a few years ago ate one of those little cat toy mice ... he had the plastic mould in his guts and was throwing up bile every day. His body was trying to reject the plastic but he couldn't get it back up so all that came out was bile -- it took about 2 weeks for him to throw it back up. If we'd known back then the signs of a foreign body we would have had him to the vet's for surgical removal.

I hope that this isn't the case for your Pugsley, though.
    Kristin

Pugs: Pebbles, Rugby
    Cats: Smokey, Linus, Sophie, Bear & Dr Snuggles
    Valerie - 1/12/05 - Now at the Bridge with our Spanky and Blue. Forever loved, always missed, never forgotten.
    The pug is living proof that God has a sense of humor. ~ Margo Kaufman

Bella is offline Village Puppy

I know Bella was throwing up bile a few weeks back and they were concerned it might be pancreatitis. Thankfully it was not. She actually had an allergic reaction. Anyhow, the vet said that throwing up bile or yellow is sometimes a sign of pancreatitis. Hopefully it's not, but something to be aware of.

maizee is offline Village VP

Could it be Greenies?

Maizee was throwing up every morning when I was giving her Greenies. It was a yellow foamy or slimey bile. I had to cut that off real quick...and the puking quit.
    Alicia and the furkids
    Maizee and Mugzy
    "My best friends have hairy legs"

+ Reply to Thread