coconut oil question - how long for results
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: coconut oil question - how long for results

never2manypugs is offline Village Royalty

Question coconut oil question - how long for results

I have started the girls on coconut oil but not Boris because he is already taking 1000mg of fish oil daily. But I am curious, how long did it take for you to really notice a difference in their coats? I am hoping that this will help out poor little Roxie.
    Pam - owned by Roxie (almost 12 yrs) , Lola (14 yrs), and Olivia (almost 9 yrs)

And Taylor, who showed me how to be loved by a pug,waits at the bridge. Mommy loves you! You will forever be in my heart.
    And never to forget, the sweetest pug ever Tasha who is at the bridge with her sister.
    And very sadly now, my baby boy Boris.

Love is to wake up cuddling a pug.

There are many things in life that will catch your eye, but only a few will catch your heart...pursue those.
    -- Author Unknown

TxAllieGrl is offline None

hi Pam,

I noticed a difference within about 2 weeks, just giving them 1/2 tspn 1x per day. Jessie's coat is MUCH softer and shinier than it was.
    Allie & the Quad Force
    Bello, Jessie, Angel and Dre the cheeky monkey

Allie's Blog <--when you're bored

SairaLV is offline Village Royalty

It took us about 2 weeks too for the coat difference. I swear (although it might just be me making things up) that for the energy level, it was within a day. We had stopped giving it to Hooli because we were worried about the calories and hadn't noticed much of a difference with his coat, but as soon as we stopped he seemed more lazy, and not playing with Indy as much. We started him on it again last week (slowly) and he was back to doing pugtonas with Indy all over the house the next day.

spoiledrottenpug is offline New to the Village

Default oil type

I have been giving oils to my dogs for four years. It only took three days for them to stop shedding. I use a combination of Grissly Salmon Oil and Hemp Oil or Flax Oil. I have never tried cocout oil just because Pugs are not from a tropical county. They come from China (fish oil) and the Netherlands (Flax/Hemp.)
    I am interested in hearing more about the coconut oil though. I know It is good for some people but not all. Why did you choose this particular oil for Pugs? And are you using organic oil? What is the source and brand?

ZoeZoesmom is offline Village Royalty

Quote Originally Posted by spoiledrottenpug
    I have been giving oils to my dogs for four years. It only took three days for them to stop shedding. I use a combination of Grissly Salmon Oil and Hemp Oil or Flax Oil. I have never tried cocout oil just because Pugs are not from a tropical county. They come from China (fish oil) and the Netherlands (Flax/Hemp.)
    I am interested in hearing more about the coconut oil though. I know It is good for some people but not all. Why did you choose this particular oil for Pugs? And are you using organic oil? What is the source and brand?
    The oil reduced or stopped shedding???? How much do you give them, I have never heard of this for shedding. Does the coconut oil help with shedding?

I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.

~Maya Angelou

@}-;-Dawn, Momma to Zoe and Diesel....my heart and soul
    Missing my big boy...^Tuxedo^, Mommy's Landseer
    Gizmo my purr-baby, ^Dega^ , my furry angel watching over me from The Rainbow Bridge

never2manypugs is offline Village Royalty

A pug that stopped shedding! Wouldn't that be in some such of record book

Personally, I am so used to the shedding that's the last thing I'm worried about. I would just like Roxie to get some hair

And yes, the coconut oil that I purchased was from a health food store and is raw and organic. I hadn't heard much about before reading the threads about it here.
    Pam - owned by Roxie (almost 12 yrs) , Lola (14 yrs), and Olivia (almost 9 yrs)

And Taylor, who showed me how to be loved by a pug,waits at the bridge. Mommy loves you! You will forever be in my heart.
    And never to forget, the sweetest pug ever Tasha who is at the bridge with her sister.
    And very sadly now, my baby boy Boris.

Love is to wake up cuddling a pug.

There are many things in life that will catch your eye, but only a few will catch your heart...pursue those.
    -- Author Unknown

eclecticmk is offline Village Admiral

With Molly is as a couple of weeks before I notices a change with the coat. With my foster Guinness who was receiving coconut oil for support of his skin allergies, it was just days before I noticed a reduction of the smell of his coat and a lessening of the oiliness. Within a couple of weeks he had no more brown hair and flakes.
    Margie and her pugs: Miss Molly Malone, Clancy O'Shay OA MXJ NF & Aoife Meadhbh MacKenna OAJ NF

My blog: http://eclecticmk.blogspot.com/

+ Reply to Thread