Bump on lower eyelid *Pics*
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bump on lower eyelid *Pics*

Buddy's Mom is offline Village Admiral

Default Bump on lower eyelid *Pics*

I just noticed last night that Buddy has a bump on his lower eyelid. It looks the same this morning and it's not irritating him but it has me a little concerned. Has anyone ever seen anything like this before? What do you think could be causing it... and should we be seeing the vet?

Jennifer

Owned by: Buddy (The Pug) 11-22-03,Oscar (The Pug) 01-18-09 - And now Sophie (The Girl Pug) 04-08-10 :) 3 Fabulous Kitties, Wife to Chris and Mom to Ryan! Emma kitty at the Rainbow Bridge 9-11-02 - 3-11-13.

"The animals of the world exist for their own reasons. They were not made for humans any more than blacks were made for whites or women for men." Alice Walker

"Ever consider what pets must think of us? I mean, here we come back from a grocery store with the most amazing haul - chicken, pork, half a cow. They must think we're the greatest hunters on earth!" ~Anne Tyler

Freddy'sMom is offline Village Heartland Honey

This looks like what Freddy had earlier this week. I assumed it was a bug bite. But his was itchy, because he kept pawing at it and rubbing it on things (me). I gave him benadryl and the vet gave me eye drops to put in. It's completely gone now.
    Christy

Momma to Freddy Jones (pug), Toby (rescue pug), Homer (lab) and 9 yr old hairless pug!

Sweet Norm and Junior (non-pugs) waiting for us at the Bridge. I miss you both so much.

Reboundmom is offline Village Governor

We just took Weezer to the vet for an identical bump a couple days ago. His grew but then stayed the same for a few weeks. It didn't seem to be bothering him at all, but after a while, it really began to bother me. The vet biopsied it and pronounced it a benign histiosytoma - or something like that. I didn't hear much after he said benign! He gave the poor baby a steroid shot underneath it and said it would go away by itself, was doing him no harm, and was unlikely to recur. Not uncommon and not dangerous. However, there are other conditions which look similar to that, so to put your mind fully at ease, you might consider a trip to the vet. After all, let's face it, most of the time we go to the vet, it's to hear him/her say, "Oh, it's nothing. Don't worry!"
    Harriet
    Weezer the fawn pug, Dylan the black pug, Millie the rescue diva and Dylan, the one-eyed wonder
    Rebound the husky, Rosie the cat
    Hobie and Violet at the Bridge
    All Star husband and 2 kids

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.
    Robert A. Heinlein

shaynapug is online now Village Royalty

It could also be a stye (sp). If so, it will go away on its own.
    Diane
    Shayna Pugs
    http://www.midmichiganpugclub.com
    Chairperson of PDCA Rescue Committee

Buddy's Mom is offline Village Admiral

I'm going to give it until Monday and see how it is. If it's the same or worse by then we'll be going into the vet that day. I did a little reading and am still at odds as to what it is. I'm going to throw your suggestions out to my vet if need be. I'll update when we know more about it. And yes, it's definitely better to hear it's nothing than go on worrying about it!! Thanks!
    Jennifer

Owned by: Buddy (The Pug) 11-22-03,Oscar (The Pug) 01-18-09 - And now Sophie (The Girl Pug) 04-08-10 :) 3 Fabulous Kitties, Wife to Chris and Mom to Ryan! Emma kitty at the Rainbow Bridge 9-11-02 - 3-11-13.

"The animals of the world exist for their own reasons. They were not made for humans any more than blacks were made for whites or women for men." Alice Walker

"Ever consider what pets must think of us? I mean, here we come back from a grocery store with the most amazing haul - chicken, pork, half a cow. They must think we're the greatest hunters on earth!" ~Anne Tyler

never2manypugs is offline Village Royalty

Roxie had one but more in the middle of her eyelid. I was so worried, with Boris and his MCTs, that it could be "something". Anyway, I brought her her, the vet sedated her, and did a needle aspirate. Turns out to have been a skin abscess. She was on antibiotics for a month and it took at least 2 weeks to go away. About 2 months after that she got another on her muzzle...go figure!

I would have a vet take a look just to be on the safe side.
    Pam - owned by Roxie (almost 12 yrs) , Lola (14 yrs), and Olivia (almost 9 yrs)

And Taylor, who showed me how to be loved by a pug,waits at the bridge. Mommy loves you! You will forever be in my heart.
    And never to forget, the sweetest pug ever Tasha who is at the bridge with her sister.
    And very sadly now, my baby boy Boris.

Love is to wake up cuddling a pug.

There are many things in life that will catch your eye, but only a few will catch your heart...pursue those.
    -- Author Unknown

+ Reply to Thread