bilirubin in urine?
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: bilirubin in urine?

GingerSnap is offline Village Smart Cookie

Default bilirubin in urine?

Jackson's most recent urinalysis for his crystals was pretty good, although not great. His pH is coming down (now at 7.0, was previously 8.5). He still has some struvite crystals, but not as much as he had previously. Unfortunately, the vet said that his bilirubin was high, which had him concerned. He asked about any dietary changes (just the switch from c/d to w/d) and if he had any behavioral changes or was acting sick or anything (no!)

Thoughts?
    Ginger
    Mom to Jackson (fawn pug, age 7) and Sammy (black brindle pug/French bulldog, age 9ish or so)

ViralMD is offline None

Bili in his urine? Not in his blood, right? I wouldn't get too concerned...
    Viralmd, Cyril (aka Aljac Captain Hook CGC) and Tassie, the rescue chihuahua

GingerSnap is offline Village Smart Cookie

Correct, in urine. We're going to re-test urine later this week. It sounds like if it's still high in urine, he may look further (which I'm guessing, means bloodwork.) Bloodwork was fine at his routine physical 2 months ago and this is the 1st time the bili's been high on any of his MANY urinalyses since then, as we've been following his crystals. He did say that the urine was darker than normal, which can go hand in hand with abnormally high bilirubin.

Glad to hear it's probably not anything to worry too much about. Thanks!
    Ginger
    Mom to Jackson (fawn pug, age 7) and Sammy (black brindle pug/French bulldog, age 9ish or so)

4. Remove Advertisements
    PugVillage.com
    Advertisements

ViralMD is offline None

He might have just been making very concentrated urine. I wouldn't worry about it if he's not got pale stools or any jaundice...
    Viralmd, Cyril (aka Aljac Captain Hook CGC) and Tassie, the rescue chihuahua

Pugpillow is offline Village Royalty

Great news about the improvement in crystals!
    "You cannot afford to subject your animals, or your children, to medical interventions that you do not understand. The belief system upon which the conventional medical model is founded is so faulty, so corrupt and so dangerous that you simply cannot afford to follow blindly." Catherine O’Driscoll http://www.whale.to/vaccine/driscoll1.html

Hilary & the Pugpillow Gang: Rescues: Denver (10), Tina (7), Murdoch (5) and chihuahua puppy Maximus Spartacus. Always loving my angel-girl Mei-Ling (1994-2009), my cutie-patootie Kim-Soo (1995-2010), my precious Daisy-Bo (1998?-2006), my sweet boyfriend Jake (1997-2010), my little black beauty Betsy (1995-2010), my sweet old grumpy man Gooey (1996-2011), and my sweet gentleman Farnsworth (1998-2012) at the Bridge.

+ Reply to Thread