Pug weight
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Pug weight

Pezzy Girl is offline Village Puppy

Default Pug weight

I just got a pug puppy 1 1/2 weeks ago. She is almost 13 weeks old now. I was curious about when a pug reaches it's full weight. I know the weight may fluctuate over time just like a person's weight. But in general, at what age are they full grown?

Also, right now she is about 5 pounds. Will she most likely be petite or is there no way of knowing yet? Thanks!

ViralMD is offline None

It's hard to say - most of the time smaller breeds reach adult size earlier - about ten months or so. Every puppy's different, though.
    Viralmd, Cyril (aka Aljac Captain Hook CGC) and Tassie, the rescue chihuahua

Franklin came home weighing in at 3lbs. A year later, he is 23lbs. Vet says he's fine, he's just a big boy. But I swear, he hits 25lbs and we're on a diet! I know 23lbs isn't much, but when he comes running full force and jumps in your lap...its like a ton of bricks.
    taffiecandy likes this.
    Destanie and 'Franklin Eugene'

Franklin- http://www.dogster.com/?261230

Destanie- www.myspace.com/destanie

bosley's mom is offline Village Admiral

My Bosley is 13 weeks to and just weighed in at 6 pounds even though he looks very small to me. He has gained 2.5 pounds in the month that I have had him. The breeder said he was going to be a good size pug so I guess only time will tell. As small as he is though he is built like a sherman tank
    Doris.....Mom to Bosley 5/5/06, Bristol 10/21/06, Tango and Cash 17 year old African Grey Parrots, , Bart the Minilop, Miffy the Lionhead bunny. RIP Dakoda 3/2/2008, Preston 5/16/2008. Poe 11/2/2008.

SnarfsAunt is offline Village Governor

Oh boy, Oscar at 13 weeks weighed 9.8 lbs...and at 16 weeks was up to 11.5. I wish they had those percentile charts like they have for babies where you know if your baby is a big healthy baby or a smaller baby...Cuz I think Oscar would be in the BIG baby category. I know his father was HUGE (almost 30 lbs and NOT fat). Is he going to be a big dog?

Debbi Haughey is offline Village Royalty
    About 15 minutes outside of Philadelphia, PA

Tucker at 10 wks weighed 5.6 pounds and last week at 14 weeks weighed in at 7.6. The vet seemed to think he was on the small side the first visit. He saw a substute vet on his second visit and she wasn't experienced with pugs. She had to check with other vets about everything!! His reg vet will be back on the 14th and he has an appt for that day. he looks kinda on the leggy side right now, and def.not chubby, but a 2 pound weight gain seems kinda good!!
    Hugs, Debbi and Tucker

Snifter is offline Moderator/Village Merchant

From what I have gathered from several months of being a member of PV the pug will generally reach it's adult height and length by around 10 months, but will then "chunk out" around the chest later. You may not see the full size until the age of 2 years.

(I also believe that neutered males do not stop gaining height as quickly as entire males as the testosterone that the adult males have stops them gaining height and encourages the bulking out of the chest. This of course would not apply to you as you have a girl and I don't know whether spaying has a similar effect).

Welcome to PV by the way, your girl looks really cute.

Bella, mummy to Snifter and Toddy!

http://avrilmunson.wordpress.com

jwestoverpug is offline Village Royalty

My vet told me to double their weight at 4 months and that is aprox. their adult weight. This has held true for my pugs.

Jesse

bklebash is offline New to the Village

My female pug is 6 months and 12.5 pounds. She appears to be a bit small. Is this normal?

AmberB is offline Village Senator

Remy weighed in at 12lbs 8 ounces last week....he was 20 weeks then...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast