When do Pugs start to shed? - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: When do Pugs start to shed?

Pugsaunt is offline Village Seeker
    Overlooking Penny's beautiful marina in Sparks NV

That's my question - when do they stop? I had just bought a fawn-colored sofa when I got Penny. I now have a black sofa.
    Nancy, Mom to Penny Lane, my perfect diva

Aunt to Toby and Tyler, fawn pug brothers, and Pearl S. Pug - thank you all for showing me the wonder of pugs
    Mom to Sam Adams, super cat, March 1, 1988-November 18, 2005 - we love you, Sam

See Penny on Dogster: http://www.dogster.com/pet_page.php?j=t&i=177372
    See Sam on Catster: http://catster.com/pet_page.php?i=177802&j=t

If you think dogs can't count, try putting three dog biscuits in your pocket and then give him only two of them.
    -Phil Pastoret

Friends are the family we choose for ourselves.

lawpug is offline Village Royalty

Quote Originally Posted by lisa&izzy View Post
    I suggest you buy furniture to match your pug.
    Oh dear, that worked so well for us. Until we added a black pug. Now our tan couches are just useless to us!
    ~Jen~
    mom to Gracie and Jack

Do you want to know who you are? Don't ask. Act! Action will delineate and define you.
    ~Thomas Jefferson~

Miss Pugg is offline Village Admiral

Default shedding

Do they ever stop? My Pugs seem to shed all year. The Boston TERROR seldom sheds a hair. We bought our cars with interiors that will wear well with fawn hair and a new sofa where the hairs are less visible.
    Joanne and now Pugless. My heartdog, Lulu Pug, waits at the Bridge along with Josie and Jasmine, Boston Terriers, Annie, Phoebe and Buffy, all rescues except for Josie and Lulu. I miss you all so much, my little furry friends. You are living always in my heart and mind. Slumber on, girls. Now living with Ivy, a Boston Terrier, and Sassy, rescue Papillion/Doxie.
    JoJo's Dogs

SairaLV is offline Village Royalty

Quote Originally Posted by lawpug View Post
    Oh dear, that worked so well for us. Until we added a black pug. Now our tan couches are just useless to us!
    haha you're never safe when you have one of each!

bennic is offline Village VP

Edie and Dolly are just about to turn 5 months old and my oh my has the shedding begun. We went from no hair to it being everywhere. We found it on our clothes, the couch, the kitchen hob, in our food!

We have now started 'Operation Hairless' where we are trying to minimise how everywhere it is. We have removed pointless bits of furniture they used to climb all over and have invested in a Dyson (it sucked up enough hair to make a new pug!). We are also grooming them frequently and find those sticky rollers you can get for clothes so useful, not just for getting the hair off our clothes, but after grooming to run it over the pugs!

We also try to shake off our clothes in the garden before washing them as stuff previously was coming out as hairy as it went in!

We have a brown leather sofa, and luckily its easy to get all the pug hair off it, we keep one of those mini hoovers handy for it!

Imon is offline Village Turtle Lady

I love the grooming tool that has the curved, serrated edge. That gets off handfuls of hair even if I've just used a different brush on Otto.

It did take me a bit to get used to the look and feel of it, though. At first it looks like a medieval torture implement.

Every now and then, I'll see a sentence in a dog book about how pugs are "short-haired dogs with minimal shedding". HA!!
    Otto's mom (also known as Linda)

Lisa&Izzy&Aggy is offline Village Chatterbox

My girl is 13 month old and hasn't stopped. She goes through periods of heavy shedding and the rest of the time she just sheds a lot. So as far as I know the answer to your question is nope.

Quote Originally Posted by pugsnbugg View Post
    I will repeat DO THEY EVER STOP SHEDDING?
    We give dogs time we can spare,space we can spare and love we can spare.
    And in return, dogs give us their all.
    It's the best deal man has ever made. -M. Acklam

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

My Girls
    Izzy & Aggy

Lisa&Izzy&Aggy is offline Village Chatterbox

Thats why you have to pick one color and stick with it. Then buy all furniture and clothing in that color. I'm gonna be in biiiiig trouble someday when I bring home a black pug aren't I?

Quote Originally Posted by Pugsaunt View Post
    That's my question - when do they stop? I had just bought a fawn-colored sofa when I got Penny. I now have a black sofa.
    We give dogs time we can spare,space we can spare and love we can spare.
    And in return, dogs give us their all.
    It's the best deal man has ever made. -M. Acklam

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

My Girls
    Izzy & Aggy

SnarfsAunt is offline Village Governor

I was wondering this as well. Oscar's 6 1/2 months old. He doesn't shed hardly at all. The only time we saw massive amounts of hair was when he came home from staying with Snarfy and I'm pretty sure it's all Snarf's hair.

I know that most people say black pugs shed just as much as fawn ones. But I have heard some people saying they don't shed as much. Oscar's parents were both black. I'm curious if he inherited a less-shedding coat even tho he's fawn.

How do I know when he looses his puppy coat?

And how often do your pugs "molt"? Like the seasonal excessive shedding thing?

tall grass pugs is offline Village Orb Weaver Advocate

When do they start? Perhaps the magic moment is when their mother licks them dry after they are born. It's a pug thing.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast