Cure for a crusty nose?
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Cure for a crusty nose?

EricaCV is offline Village Puppy

Default Cure for a crusty nose?

Marsha has been licking her nose furiously for a good week now, and now her nose is all crusty. Has anyone experienced this with your pug, and if so -- what did you do? Her eye gookies are thicker lately, too. I'm thinking this is an allergy. Any suggestions?

Abby's Mom is offline Village Admiral

I used vasaline on Zoies nose and it got better in a couple days.
    Chris
    Abby aka da purity
    Zoie
    Mad Max
    DH Rick
    And Cool Cats Sydney and Sabre

Visit me on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...23837&ref=name

A I hope if dogs ever take over the world and they choose a king, they don't just go by size, because I bet there are little dogs with some good ideas.
    ~Marc-Christophe

pugsnbugg is offline Village Witch

I have to use Vaseline on Huron too. The eyes might be an allergy. I have to use allergy eye drops on Huron and Badger in the summer. Huron really gets the goobery eyes. Is it clear or yellowish green? The color means allergies.(I think) At least that is what I go by.
    Sally... Mom to Huron, Badger, Raven, Willow, Angel, Erie, Zeb & Nana to Gauge (the Pug in Beagle fur)

Always in My Heart:
    Mr. Boots & Bugsy
    Kitty Purrsia

EricaCV is offline Village Puppy

I talked to my vet this morning, and he suggests using Benedryl for a few days to see if there are any improvements. Yes, her eye goobers are sort of yellowy lately. Plus she is chewing her paws. It's weird, because we are in MN and have a ton of snow -- so I can't imagine what's in the air right now that is bothering her. Don't your pugs lick off the vaseline??

pugsnbugg is offline Village Witch

I'm sure he manages to lick off some of the vaseline but I rub in it. He hates it and it becomes a battle...can I hold his head still long enough to rub in it good He is such a booger when it comes to anything on his face and head. There is still snow here but it is starting to warm up so I've started the Benedryl around here. Mine will still have the licking of the feet and itching even in winter. I was told dry air so I went and got a humidifier which is running but they will still do the occasional licking. Must be the pug hair on the floors causing the allergy licking.
    Sally... Mom to Huron, Badger, Raven, Willow, Angel, Erie, Zeb & Nana to Gauge (the Pug in Beagle fur)

Always in My Heart:
    Mr. Boots & Bugsy
    Kitty Purrsia

Pugpillow is offline Village Royalty

I use liquid Vitamin E on the crusty noses. For potential allergies, omit grain from their diet.
    "You cannot afford to subject your animals, or your children, to medical interventions that you do not understand. The belief system upon which the conventional medical model is founded is so faulty, so corrupt and so dangerous that you simply cannot afford to follow blindly." Catherine O’Driscoll http://www.whale.to/vaccine/driscoll1.html

Hilary & the Pugpillow Gang: Rescues: Denver (10), Tina (7), Murdoch (5) and chihuahua puppy Maximus Spartacus. Always loving my angel-girl Mei-Ling (1994-2009), my cutie-patootie Kim-Soo (1995-2010), my precious Daisy-Bo (1998?-2006), my sweet boyfriend Jake (1997-2010), my little black beauty Betsy (1995-2010), my sweet old grumpy man Gooey (1996-2011), and my sweet gentleman Farnsworth (1998-2012) at the Bridge.

never2manypugs is offline Village Royalty

I have used both the vaseline and vitamin E. I have vitamin E capsules that I pierce and squeeze on their noses.
    Pam - owned by Roxie (almost 12 yrs) , Lola (14 yrs), and Olivia (almost 9 yrs)

And Taylor, who showed me how to be loved by a pug,waits at the bridge. Mommy loves you! You will forever be in my heart.
    And never to forget, the sweetest pug ever Tasha who is at the bridge with her sister.
    And very sadly now, my baby boy Boris.

Love is to wake up cuddling a pug.

There are many things in life that will catch your eye, but only a few will catch your heart...pursue those.
    -- Author Unknown

PugLady3 is offline Village Royalty

Bud has had a perpetually crusty nose since he arrived over a year ago. It's better but I still have to clean it everyday & I put either liquid vitamin E or vaseline on it (whatever's closer! ).
    Brenda, Bella, Duke, Yoda (hospice), Mae (hospice), Zoe (foster) and
    our angels Pugsy, Buster, & Bud waiting for us at the Rainbow Bridge

Northern Illinois Pug Rescue & Adoption (NIPRA)

Pugsleigh is offline Village Admiral

I use olive oil on 2 of my pugs
    and an herbal salve on my sensitive
    allergic pug lola.

harleybiker is offline Village Mayor

I haven't had the problm with my pug, but my Bully does. I put a little vitamin E oil on her nose twice a day and it has really helped.
    Carla
    If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite
    you;
    that is the principal difference between a dog and a man.
    -Mark Twain

+ Reply to Thread