pupperoni recall??
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: pupperoni recall??

honeyputt is offline New to the Village

Default pupperoni recall??

Does anyone know if the treat pupperoni has been recalled? My piggy-puggie loves them although he gets them rarely. Thalast bag I bought was probably over a month ago. My daughter syas she saw it on the news but I can't find any info on them.

puglover22 is online now Village Royalty

I sure hope not because Louie eats pupporoni all the time!
    I checked the bag and there is no wheat gluton, but that doesn't mean anything.

Stephanie, pugmom to Louie Livewire, born 3/15/06
    and my 3 angels waiting at the bridge....
    the very special Junior, my pug angel who is doing agility at the rainbow bridge 11/22/91 - 3/13/06
    the very special Danny, my first dog, a Dandie Dinmont Terrier 4/5/70 - 2/10/84
    the very special Paddy, the pug who was loved around the world, who my family had the pleasure and honor of loving for the last 3 years and 5 months 5/1/98 - 8/6/14

Daisydog is offline Village Admiral

Pup-peroni treats are not part of the recall. The recall was on Dingo treats for salmonella dangers, to humans and pets.
    March 30, 2007 -- Eight In One, Inc., a division of United Pet Group, Inc., is voluntarily recalling nationally all lots of Dingo® CHICK'N JERKY treats due to Company concerns that the jerky treats have the potential to be contaminated with Salmonella, which can cause serious infections in dogs and cats, and, if there is cross contamination, in people, especially children, the aged, and people with compromised immune systems. The Food and Drug Administration is aware of this recall.
    The products affected were sold at Target, PetSmart and other retailers. The products subject to this voluntary recall are Dingo CHICK'N JERKY 3.5 oz. and 8 oz. for dogs and Dingo Kitty CHICKEN JERKY 1.5 oz. for cats and Dingo Ferret CHICKEN JERKY 1.5 oz for ferrets.
    This is from Del Monte's website:
    http://www.delmonte.com/petfoodrecall.html

And this is from Del Monte's Pup-peroni website:
    http://www.pupperoni.com/
    Pup-Peroni is not affected by the Del Monte Pet Product voluntary national recall or the Menu Foods recall.
    Janet & Daisydog
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v321/PanvsPan/Daisypug.jpg

Ben&Cricket is offline Village Admiral

It is really hard to know what our dearest pets can eat and it tears my heart. When I left Ben at the vet for boarding I was so scared about what they were feeding him. But he is okay, it is almost 4 days since we picked him up. It will never be the same..we will be in fear for a few months.
    Christine ~Ben's Mom ( Ben rescued 11-11-2006)

+ Reply to Thread