Pug Menstrual Cycle
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Pug Menstrual Cycle

Cascade is offline Village Mayor

Default Pug Menstrual Cycle

Just a quick question - how long does a pug stay in heat?

No worries I am not planning on breeding Malibu and I am in a place where there is no risk of her getting "knocked up" by the dog down the street.

We were waiting to combine her eye surgery with spaying but were waiting until we had a firm answer on if her eyes needed the little tuck since she is still growing and seems to be getting better. She just suprised all of us by going into heat a bit earlier then expected.

I'm just curious as to how long this will last.

never2manypugs is offline Village Royalty

My first pug, and my only one that had ever gone into a heat, bled for 3 weeks. She was only 6 months and it was horrible.
    Pam - owned by Roxie (almost 12 yrs) , Lola (14 yrs), and Olivia (almost 9 yrs)

And Taylor, who showed me how to be loved by a pug,waits at the bridge. Mommy loves you! You will forever be in my heart.
    And never to forget, the sweetest pug ever Tasha who is at the bridge with her sister.
    And very sadly now, my baby boy Boris.

Love is to wake up cuddling a pug.

There are many things in life that will catch your eye, but only a few will catch your heart...pursue those.
    -- Author Unknown

Luvbean25 is offline Village B'Dazzlin' Show Girl

From start to finish about 21-25 days. If they stop bleeding and are swollen it is usually prime breeding time. So just because she stops bleeding does not mean she is out of season. I had a bitch once that was bred on day 23. If I were you I would keep her inside (or walked on a leash only) for a good 4 weeks.

Sarina
    Mommy to: Sebastian
    Pugs: Chloe, Emma, Scarlett, & Milani

"The discipline of desire is the background of character".

Cascade is offline Village Mayor

I just want her to quit bleeding! I had no idea how swollen she would get the poor thing cannot be comfy.

Since we are at camp there are no other dogs so I don't have to worry about that just the mess. I have diapers but she hates them and looks so sad that I can't keep them on her very long.

+ Reply to Thread