Female dog private parts
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Female dog private parts

Maria is offline Village Governor

Default Female dog private parts

OK, I admit, I don't know what a female dog's privates are supposed to look like. I have Dahlia's first vet appointment set for next week on Tuesday. But, not knowing is killing me. She has what looks like a tiny penis extending from her vaginal area. WHAT IS THIS? Should I be worrying? She doesn't lick it. She doesn't seem to have any issues peeing. My husband asked me what it was and I was like, "I don't know. Just because I'm a girl doesn't mean I know!" My husband also said we shouldn't worry and that we should just wait to see what the vet says. Help. This reminds me of when I got Luciano. When I got him, his testicles hadn't descended. They never did. I had never had a dog, so I didn't even notice until I took him to the vet the first time. Oh, the things we learn as dog owners.

Best,

Maria
    Maria and Luciano

tall grass pugs is online now Village Orb Weaver Advocate

Since she is comfortable and happy, I would let it go until you get to the vet. There is such a thing as hermaphroditism in which the dog exhibits both male and female organs. But for now, work on integrating her to the family and let the vet look at it at her appointment.

Pugpillow is offline Village Royalty

I agree to wait till you see the vet. It may be hermaphroditism or could it be that her clitoris is sticking out (I can't believe I typed that!)? As for Luciano, has he been neutered?
    "You cannot afford to subject your animals, or your children, to medical interventions that you do not understand. The belief system upon which the conventional medical model is founded is so faulty, so corrupt and so dangerous that you simply cannot afford to follow blindly." Catherine O’Driscoll http://www.whale.to/vaccine/driscoll1.html

Hilary & the Pugpillow Gang: Rescues: Denver (10), Tina (7), Murdoch (5) and chihuahua puppy Maximus Spartacus. Always loving my angel-girl Mei-Ling (1994-2009), my cutie-patootie Kim-Soo (1995-2010), my precious Daisy-Bo (1998?-2006), my sweet boyfriend Jake (1997-2010), my little black beauty Betsy (1995-2010), my sweet old grumpy man Gooey (1996-2011), and my sweet gentleman Farnsworth (1998-2012) at the Bridge.

Maria is offline Village Governor

Oh, yes, both are "fixed." He was neutered when he was 4 or 5 months old. Very young, but it was recommended because his testicles weren't going to descend. She was spayed. I don't know when. Good questions.
    Maria and Luciano

SaraFaust is offline Village Pug and Pilsner Connoisseur

Both of my girls' "girly bits" look a little different from the other's. I attribute this to the fact that Misty just had one puppy, and I really don't know how many Suki had (both are rescues- but I am acquainted with the lady I got Misty from).

When looking at Suki's rear end, if she's just standing there, her little bits are right there for the world to see! Misty's just look like a little line, but if she's on her belly you can see her little bits, but they resemble more of a female puppy's- much smaller than Suki's!

You can KINDA make out Suki's little girly-bits here!

I have a pic at home of Misty on her back getting a belly rub where her's show, but it's not uploaded!

I am quite positive Suki would be appalled that I posted her bits for the world to see! ...... oh, wait a minute, we're talking about Suki here... she'd probably be proud! ha! ha!
    Sara- owned by Misty-Mae and Bindi-Lou!
    And always in love with my foster George, who went to live in a perfect forever home 6/7/08, and my sweet Wickett who went to live with George where he will never have to be kenneled again, and my Suki-Lee who went to live with a good friend where she will be the only dog and lavished with attention day and night!

"Rescuing one pug may not change the world, but it will change the world of that one pug forever"

Find me on Facebook!
    http://www.facebook.com/people/Sara_J_Faust/1482537871

Imon is offline Village Turtle Lady

Sounds normal to me. I'm sure if there had been any problem, it would have been noted at the time she was spayed.
    Otto's mom (also known as Linda)

SaraFaust is offline Village Pug and Pilsner Connoisseur

Found one of Mistys! Now SHE would be appalled! ha!)
    She is being held in my left arm.

Sara- owned by Misty-Mae and Bindi-Lou!
    And always in love with my foster George, who went to live in a perfect forever home 6/7/08, and my sweet Wickett who went to live with George where he will never have to be kenneled again, and my Suki-Lee who went to live with a good friend where she will be the only dog and lavished with attention day and night!

"Rescuing one pug may not change the world, but it will change the world of that one pug forever"

Find me on Facebook!
    http://www.facebook.com/people/Sara_J_Faust/1482537871

Asia'sMom is offline Village VP

Looks normal to me.
    Asia And Ambers Mom

PUG'S ROCK!!

Luvbean25 is offline Village B'Dazzlin' Show Girl

Ohh if she has been spayed then there is nothing to really worry about. I would just take her in for an exam to rule out anythng more serious, but pugina's all look diffrent. Some are inverted more than others, I have 6 girls and not one looks alike.

Sarina
    Mommy to: Sebastian
    Pugs: Chloe, Emma, Scarlett, & Milani

"The discipline of desire is the background of character".

Brookles is offline Village Admiral

I'd say just wait until your vet appointment next week. My Penny birthed at least one puppy before we got her from the shelter, and her vagina sticks out a bit and all is fine.
    Brooke

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast