help.. vomiting yellow foam
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: help.. vomiting yellow foam

HomerNMarge is offline Village Royalty

Default help.. vomiting yellow foam

We guess Bart is around 6-7 months old. We recently changed him from puppy food to adult food, that Homer & Marge eat. Homer & Marge eat in the morning... and a very tiny bit of food at like 530 pm. We put Bart on the same schedule with the adult food. But he's been throwing up. It's mostly yellow foam, I'm assuming bile/stomach acids. Do you think this schedule for meals isn't enough?? Sometimes, when hubby is off work, and I'm in a rush out the door he feeds them around 9am, I usually feed them at 8am. He says Bart throws up a little bit of yellow foam in the am.

Now, Monday, he threw up a little bit at 10am, and he said was yellow with a bit of grass. Tuesday he threw up at about 520pm, and it was a tiny bit of yellow foam. This morning at 5am, he threw up a little yellow foam. It's never bigger then size of a quarter. Is this something I should worry about?? He's still peeing/popping fine, and runs around like a lunatic all day!
    Cindy
    owned by:

Proud Wife of a United States Marine!

"Enjoy the flavor of life, Take big bites!"

Georgia Pug is offline Village Heart of Gold

I'm not the expert, but maybe he isn't ready for the
    full grown food yet. That would worry me too. Someone
    that knows will jump in soon. I hope all is o.k. and
    just a little tummy upset. Hugs!

The Georgia Pugs
    If You Can't Say Anything Nice,
    Just Don't Say Anything.

shaynapug is offline Village Royalty

For me, that has meant that they need to eat more and or more often.

That's why I feed twice a day.....and a snack at night time.
    Diane
    Shayna Pugs
    http://www.midmichiganpugclub.com
    Chairperson of PDCA Rescue Committee

Dieselsmom is offline Village Royalty

It sounds like what Diesel did when we had him on once a day feedings - he got too hungry and threw up. That's exactly what his looked like - stomach bile/acids. We started feeding him more meals and nothing since then. I'd try feeding Bart more often than Homer and Marge.
    Rachel - mom to Diesel, Makayla and Gracie Lou Freebush

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

crazypugmom is offline Village Admiral

I have always fed my pugs twice a day. For the first 3 1/2 years of Taz's life, he would throw up the yellow bile about 3-4 times a week then he would refuse to eat about 4 meals or more a week. It wasn't until I read about someone's pug on this forum doing the same, and they switched them to a food that did not contain soy, corn, wheat or dairy. I switched to Natural Balance which I found at Petco, and he never threw up the yellow bile again except once. I tried changing him to Wellness, and something must have not agreed with him even though it is a good food. I would have to agree that at 6-7 months, only once a day feeding may not be enough, but it could also be the food not agreeing with him
    Leslye, Chyna, Tinker, Ruffy and husband Tim &
    our angels Pugsly and Taz waiting for us in heaven

Northern Illinois Pug Rescue & Adoption

www.northernillinoispugrescue.org

http://www.dogster.com/family/766626

Almandine is offline Village Healing Hands

I'm a fan of the 2 meals a day for life regime, not only because pugs love more meals, but because their stomachs are relatively small. I figure if you have one big meal, it stretches the stomach lining, so you have a bigger, emptier tummy by teatime. I also suspect that they digest better in smaller quantities.

I usually keep puppies on puppy food until 12 months, is Bart having a weight issue or do you just want everyone eating the same? Obviously if he is a bit fluffy, the adult will suit his needs better, but I wouldn't rush onto adult food otherwise.
    Almandine and the gang - George, Dannika, Darwishi (Wish) and Pickle.... and who knows.... maybe a new little boy too...

Samson, Treacle, Maisie and the beautiful Onion at the Bridge. In our hearts forever.

maizee is offline Village VP

Maizee would throw-up yellow bile after eating. I discovered she was allergic to her food. She is now vegetarian.

Just another avenue to add to the mystery map.
    Alicia and the furkids
    Maizee and Mugzy
    "My best friends have hairy legs"

Fla. Pugs is offline Village Royalty

All three of mine eat twice a day.
    2/3 cup at 7:30a.m. and 2/3 cup at 5:00p.m.
    And usually a small cookie at bedtime.
    Maybe his food is to rich for him.
    I feed Innova Evo small bites. Mine do well on this, however I have heard other don't.
    Linda~ Bugsy Pug, Millie and Captain Jack our Schnauzers.

Miyaghi~my pug angel, July 27, 2005
    Bubba our sweet pug boy, May 18, 2008
    Luke, May 8, 2012

Buddy's Mom is offline Village Admiral

Buddy used to do the same thing when we fed him later at night. We have upped his dinner feeding time to 5 pm instead of 6-7 pm and we haven't had any problems since. I would agree that he needs more food more regularly.
    Jennifer

Owned by: Buddy (The Pug) 11-22-03,Oscar (The Pug) 01-18-09 - And now Sophie (The Girl Pug) 04-08-10 :) 3 Fabulous Kitties, Wife to Chris and Mom to Ryan! Emma kitty at the Rainbow Bridge 9-11-02 - 3-11-13.

"The animals of the world exist for their own reasons. They were not made for humans any more than blacks were made for whites or women for men." Alice Walker

"Ever consider what pets must think of us? I mean, here we come back from a grocery store with the most amazing haul - chicken, pork, half a cow. They must think we're the greatest hunters on earth!" ~Anne Tyler

never2manypugs is offline Village Royalty

My Roxie had that problem before too. Her's problem seemed to be from 2 things - 1) she couldn't wait as long with an empty stomach and needed a before bed snack (she already ate 2x daily) and 2) she was allergic to some of the food.
    Pam - owned by Roxie (almost 12 yrs) , Lola (14 yrs), and Olivia (almost 9 yrs)

And Taylor, who showed me how to be loved by a pug,waits at the bridge. Mommy loves you! You will forever be in my heart.
    And never to forget, the sweetest pug ever Tasha who is at the bridge with her sister.
    And very sadly now, my baby boy Boris.

Love is to wake up cuddling a pug.

There are many things in life that will catch your eye, but only a few will catch your heart...pursue those.
    -- Author Unknown

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast