cold-like symptoms
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: cold-like symptoms

Emi-Lou is offline Village Governor

Default cold-like symptoms

Hi guys! I know that pugs can't really get colds in the human sense, but Emi is having cold-like symptoms. She has Been reverse sneezing a lot & as well as regular sneezing. She paws at her face and sounds "gurgly" when she's sleeping/snoring. She acts like she's generally uncomfortable. Anything I can do for her? Should I take her to the vet?
    ~ Melissa
    "There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face."

Judy Shimoda is offline Village Merchant

I don't know the age of your pug but we had smilar issues here a while ago. The chest congestion could be signs of congestive heart failure which can be fatal. I don't want to scare you though and maybe it's nothing. Our Mr Legs had heart failure and the symptoms were very simillar to what in humans would be a very bad cold. He was almost 14 though- he's at the bridge now.

shaynapug is offline Village Royalty

For me, when I have doubts about anything....and feel concerned enough ask questions on the list about something like this, it's a trip to the vet.

We cannot tell just with a description....and it could be something that gets serious quickly without treatment.
    Diane
    Shayna Pugs
    http://www.midmichiganpugclub.com
    Chairperson of PDCA Rescue Committee

T'spugs is offline Village Royalty

Could it be that she is maybe in the start of Kennel cough?? I know when my pugs had it, they were reverse sneezing more and were rattly sounding when they were sleeping.
    T, Archie, Tallulah, Mavis, and Mr. Wilson the Golden Retriver. Missing Yoda, Wickett and Blizken, MaeCee Jo Boxer, and Mary~Kate, together at the Rainbow Bridge.

Emi-Lou is offline Village Governor

I was wondering about kennel cough too. She's current on her bordatella vaccine but I know they can still get it sometimes. She's a year and a half old.
    ~ Melissa
    "There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face."

LUV4MYPUGGIE is offline Village Puppy

I think you can never bee too careful. If it were me, I would be at the vet just to be sure it's nothing major. Better safe than sorry! I hope she feels better soon
    If you can look at a dog and not feel vicarious excitement and affection, you must be a cat.
    ~Author Unknown

Billie is offline Village Senator

Ebon had kennel cough last fall and he had had his shots. The vet said the shots were sort of like out flu shots, you can still get the flu just not as likely to and not as severe. Eb had antibiotics and Robutisin PE. I'd sure see the vet.
    Billie and Ebon
    "My dog's not spoiled--I'm just well trained

http://www.dogster.com/?82744

snort is offline Village Admiral

Im ( like most of us) over-cautious when it comes to anything respiratory related, Sherman had sniffly, gurgly ,mucousy symptoms last winter. I took him to the emergency vet and it ended up being bronchitis. He healed up quickly with a dose of antibiotics and some super-duper extra love and attention. Pugs have sort of a respiratory dissadvantage just by their design , so I tend to run to the vet if there is anything "off" . I HATE to see them in any discomfort. Sure hope Emi gets well soon....

+ Reply to Thread