Arched Back in puppy - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Arched Back in puppy

squashpoppy is offline Village Mayor

By accredited breeder I mean a UK Kennel Club breeder. She breeds excellent pugs and her dogs are her life. If there is a problem i'm sure it is nothing intentional. I am taking baby Pearl to the vet this morning at her suggestion, she has offered to help in any way and I have a lot of respect for her.
    I have added acouple of piccies of Pearl, the first one is when we first got her enjoying a bowl of goats milk,

and the second is her this morning,

We don't let her and Gary play together yet, she is far too small. They just have their bedroom crates next to each other and sniff each other occasionally.
    As you can see she is playing with a chew stick and is a lovely pup, she just tires really quickly.

Thanks for everyones help.

weething is offline Village Admiral

I'm so glad you are taking her this morning. Good luck and let us know how you get on. I'm sure she will be fine.

Tara, Monkey & Mouse

www.dogster.com/?115838 Monkey
    www.dogster.com/?160141 Mouse

Snifter is offline Moderator/Village Merchant

What a sweetheart. But yes, she does look to be standing in an odd way in that second photo. I'm glad you're getting her to the vet - let us know what they say.

Bella, mummy to Snifter and Toddy!

http://avrilmunson.wordpress.com

korine is offline Village Puppy

To me it sounds like hip dysplacia.

I had a dog that had hip dysplacia when she was a puppy and religiously took her to a pet chiropractor & accuncturist. Her back was arched up and she was in a lot of pain for a while.

When she became 1 years old, it was finally all gone. Meantime my vet said the best thing to do was either put her down or spend big bucks on hip replacement surgery.... I did neither and turned to alternative medicine.

And of course a few months after I paid all this money to fix her, someone came and stole her while I was on vacation and the pet sitter was NOT doing his job.
    Last edited by korine; 03-29-2008 at 05:38 AM.

ViralMD is offline None

This doesn't sound at all like hip dysplasia. First, she's far too young. It doesn't affect the back and part of dysplasia is deposition of calcium around the socket. Her hips aren't calcified (matured) enough to even start to show evidens of dysplasia.
    Viralmd, Cyril (aka Aljac Captain Hook CGC) and Tassie, the rescue chihuahua

Judy Shimoda is offline Village Merchant

Our Yoshi has a crooked spine- she has scoliosis .Otherwise she's perfect. Her trouble spot is by the shoulders though and not towards the back end.

Hi, just a quick update, the vet wasn't too concerned about the way she was standing although she did say if it's no better next week when she goes for her second vaccination she will need an x-ray to rule out anything serious.
    She seemed to think that Pearl had a tummy ache caused by her anal glands? She emptied them and WOW what a lot of gunk came out!! I didn't think that happened in puppies so tiny? Anyway, it dosn't seem to have made much difference and she is still reluctant to eat and looks a little scrawny.
    I'm taking her back on Monday as the vet wants to weigh her again and check she isn't losing too much weight- she's given me some royal canin dried food to be soaked and mixed in with her normal food to add a few extra calories,
    Will keep you updated with her condition- really hope she picks up a little soon xxx

shaynapug is offline Village Royalty

Did you take in a poop sample to make sure she doesn't have any worms?
    Diane
    Shayna Pugs
    http://www.midmichiganpugclub.com
    Chairperson of PDCA Rescue Committee

SaraFaust is offline Village Pug and Pilsner Connoisseur

Oh she's so cute- I'm glad you made it to the vet and that they want her in for a re-check quickly. I have no advice, but I will say that my 8.5 month old "puppy" stretches his back like a cat-into an arch- when he stretches, which I have NEVER seen in any of my pugs, but he walks normally and acts normal otherwise!

Please keep us updated!
    Sara- owned by Misty-Mae and Bindi-Lou!
    And always in love with my foster George, who went to live in a perfect forever home 6/7/08, and my sweet Wickett who went to live with George where he will never have to be kenneled again, and my Suki-Lee who went to live with a good friend where she will be the only dog and lavished with attention day and night!

"Rescuing one pug may not change the world, but it will change the world of that one pug forever"

Find me on Facebook!
    http://www.facebook.com/people/Sara_J_Faust/1482537871

She has been wormed every 2 weeks and is due again next week. The vet didn't seem to think she had anything parasitic.
    She does look just like a cat arching it's back only she is doing it all the time not just when stretching - maybe she's just like me and a little odd!
    Oh well we'll love her anyway xx

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast