Hiccups and shaking in his sleep?
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hiccups and shaking in his sleep?

Milissa is offline Village Governor

Cool Hiccups and shaking in his sleep?

I have noticed my little guy is getting hiccups alot lately is this something to worry about? He also shakes in his sleep like he is having a nightmear or something any one think something is wrong?

lunchbox is offline Village Mayor

I am experiencing the same thing! Lots of shakes during sleep and hiccups mid-afternoon. I'm not too concerned but now you have me wondering if I should be, lol! I was just thinking she must be having lots of dreams of little puggies running all around and she's frolicking in the wide open plain with them. LOL.
    ::Danielle

Happily married to my best friend, Mitchell, since 08/04/07.

Our furbaby, Rio.

Loving our sweet baby girl, Piper Juliet, born 11/20/09.

sfgiants is offline Village Jedi Master

My pugs often twitch in their sleep. I figure they are dreaming. However, if its more shaking and less twitching, he might be chilly?

And Vader, my boy, gets the hiccups all the time. I've never worried about it, and he has been healthy for years.
    http://www.pugvillage.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1201&dateline=1193868  125
    Empress Courtney and the Jedi Pugsters
    All watched over by Padme and Neuschler
    www.arizonapugrescue.com

thetses is offline Village Senator

Talking

Lola hiccups all the time, but I get them all the time too, so I don't really think anything of it. Her legs and paws also twitch when she's sleeping and even a few times have barked in her sleep, but I talk in my sleep so I also don't think anything of that, either. I'm not going to lie, when she barks it's really cute because it's a sort of muffled bark and her legs twitch, then she barks, then her legs twitch again. I figure she's dreaming about chasing something.

shellmccomb is offline Village Mayor

Quote Originally Posted by Milissa View Post
    I have noticed my little guy is getting hiccups alot lately is this something to worry about? He also shakes in his sleep like he is having a nightmear or something any one think something is wrong?
    Willy, who is almost 7 months used to hiccup all the time. He still does now but not as much. He also shakes in his sleep it could be anything from dreaming, chilly or that his body is that relaxed. I asked the vet about hiccups she said it's very common in puppies!

brinky is offline Village Mayor

Pretty sure hiccuping is just a normal puppy thing. Pickles did it all the time when he was a baby, now he never does.

When Pickles twitches and muffle barks in his sleep, he scares me so much. He gets *really* into it, I always yell out his name to wake him up because I'm so paranoid he's having a seizure. :melodrama: Not so nice to wake him up, but it puts my mind at ease.

+ Reply to Thread