Oldest pug?
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Oldest pug?

bumble is offline Village Hooker

Default Oldest pug?

Just curious--what's the very oldest you've heard of a pug living? (I couldn't decide if this should be under "Pug Life")
    Sheila, owned by Paddy the Wonderpug

Save the planet; it's the only one with red wine, chocolate, and pugs

ViralMD is offline None

Shirley Thomas, the president of the Pug Dog Club of Greater NY, had a pug that was 20....
    Viralmd, Cyril (aka Aljac Captain Hook CGC) and Tassie, the rescue chihuahua

OliversMom is offline Village Mayor

Quote Originally Posted by viralmd View Post
    Shirley Thomas, the president of the Pug Dog Club of Greater NY, had a pug that was 20....
    That's incredible!!! The oldest I've heard of is 15 or 16... I wonder how healthy that 20 year old was...what I wouldn't give for 20 healthy, happy years with my pugs!!!

The Pugdads is offline Village Royalty

I'd heard of one Pug who crossed the RainbowBridge just shy of her 21st birthday.

My Bruno lived to be 16½!
    Pugdad Michael, co-Pugdad of Penny, Molly and SugarRay!!! (And Duke of San Francisco! Thanks, Queen Puggles!)

Missing:
    • Miss Phoebe (our original Puggie who got us all goofy over Pugs!),
    • Bruno, Cassie, and PeeWee (the amazing PugFamily!), and
    • Sweet Ziggy (who was with us for too short a time)
    www.pugdads.com

SaraFaust is offline Village Pug and Pilsner Connoisseur

This is ironic that you asked this today, as my day-to-day pug calendar today says:

"The world's oldest dog was an Australian cattle dog (blue heeler) named Bluey who was put to sleep at the age of 29"

so, I've been wondering this same thing all day!
    Sara- owned by Misty-Mae and Bindi-Lou!
    And always in love with my foster George, who went to live in a perfect forever home 6/7/08, and my sweet Wickett who went to live with George where he will never have to be kenneled again, and my Suki-Lee who went to live with a good friend where she will be the only dog and lavished with attention day and night!

"Rescuing one pug may not change the world, but it will change the world of that one pug forever"

Find me on Facebook!
    http://www.facebook.com/people/Sara_J_Faust/1482537871

Blanche is offline Village Gaia

The very famous Australian pug, Emerald (?), was 17 or 18, I think. Made international news when she passed away.

PugSavers is offline Village Royalty

There was a pug that was rescued from S. CA that was rescued at age 11 and lived to be 20...

I tell Bailey that he must live to be the first 30 year old pug! (or he can go when I go, whichever comes first)
    Roxane
    Mama to Betty (now age 15)
    Forever Mama to my angel boy Bailey,my heart,my love
    2/14/95-2/14/10 and my other angel boy Tiny Tim,who taught me so much about loving a differently abled pug
    4/10/98-3/7/10

www.pugsavers.com
    "Rescuing Pugs & Pug Mixes in Northern California and Northern Nevada"

"You can lead a ho to culture but you can't make her think."

"If you can't afford the vet, you can't afford the pet!"

Check out our Cafe Press store www.cafepress.com/pugsavers
    for Pug Items to benefit rescue!

SairaLV is offline Village Royalty

The oldest pug winner one year was 18. I hope I am as lucky.

Miss Pugg is offline Village Admiral

Default oldest Pug

My heartdog, Lulu, lived to be 17 years and 2 months. I bought her as a puppy so knew exactly how old she was. I now have a 16 year old rescue but am not positive she's that old as I have no documentation. Lulu and I spent many happy hours together.
    Joanne and now Pugless. My heartdog, Lulu Pug, waits at the Bridge along with Josie and Jasmine, Boston Terriers, Annie, Phoebe and Buffy, all rescues except for Josie and Lulu. I miss you all so much, my little furry friends. You are living always in my heart and mind. Slumber on, girls. Now living with Ivy, a Boston Terrier, and Sassy, rescue Papillion/Doxie.
    JoJo's Dogs

Pugpillow is offline Village Royalty

I've heard of one 19 and one at 20. Can't remember where.
    "You cannot afford to subject your animals, or your children, to medical interventions that you do not understand. The belief system upon which the conventional medical model is founded is so faulty, so corrupt and so dangerous that you simply cannot afford to follow blindly." Catherine O’Driscoll http://www.whale.to/vaccine/driscoll1.html

Hilary & the Pugpillow Gang: Rescues: Denver (10), Tina (7), Murdoch (5) and chihuahua puppy Maximus Spartacus. Always loving my angel-girl Mei-Ling (1994-2009), my cutie-patootie Kim-Soo (1995-2010), my precious Daisy-Bo (1998?-2006), my sweet boyfriend Jake (1997-2010), my little black beauty Betsy (1995-2010), my sweet old grumpy man Gooey (1996-2011), and my sweet gentleman Farnsworth (1998-2012) at the Bridge.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast