What will my pugs be like, at 6 months, 9 months, 1 year, 18 months and so on?
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What will my pugs be like, at 6 months, 9 months, 1 year, 18 months and so on?

pugzrule is offline Village Mayor

Default What will my pugs be like, at 6 months, 9 months, 1 year, 18 months and so on?

As some of you know, we have two black pug sisters (Ana and Aubrey) who are now 4 months old. I'd like to know what we can expect from their behavior at 6 months, 9 months, 1 year, 18 months and 2 years. If you have two littermates, your experiences would be even better, but please...ANYONE...give us an idea of what life will be like at these ages (behavior, abilities, potty habits, eating, etc.).

Here is a quick synopsis of what the gals are doing now:
    Still have 1 or two accidents in the house a day (we are crate training).
    They are on a schedule of eating 3 meals a day (lunch is a light meal).
    We take them out to potty separately on a leash.
    We are giving small treats for pottying outside.
    They will sit and go to their place on command.
    They will go to their crates if we say "chicken"
    They fight each other for toys.
    They love chewing on nylabones.
    They sniff around in the kitchen a lot.
    Aubrey gets overly excited sometimes and nips (pretty severely).
    Ana is a licker. She will lick your face off.
    Ana likes her shower; Aubrey doesn't like it.
    We give them a bath once a week.
    We make their food and supplement with organic kibble and bone meal.
    They love their peanut butter-filled Kongs in the morning following breakfast.
    They take a 15 minute walk on their leash with us every night.

If I think of more stuff, I will add it. :-)

Hope to hear from some of you soon!
    Mommy to Ana and Aubrey
    Visit my website:
    http://pugtales.weebly.com
    (help for new pug owners!)

Snifter is offline Moderator/Village Merchant

6 months - Snifter was starting to show signs of maturing. Toddy was a crazy puppy. Neither was fully housetrained. We switched from 3 meals a day to 2 at that age.
    1 year - Snifter was a steady boy. Toddy was a crazy puppy. Both fully housetrained but I still did not trust them 100%.
    18 months - Both pugs were filling out in the chest. Snifter still a steady boy. I trusted him 100% with housetraining. Toddy was starting to calm down a little but still pretty puppy-ish. I trusted him 99% with housetraining but had to watch out for the occasional rogue wee.
    2 years - Snifter, no change except now full sized. Toddy has just turned 2. I think he might have a tiny bit of filling out still to do. Just recently he has stopped waking us up in the morning and is content to stay in his bed until we say it is time to get up. He is quite puppy-ish still but has calmed down a lot.

Bella, mummy to Snifter and Toddy!

http://avrilmunson.wordpress.com

Snifter and Toddy are so cute! Are you located in the UK? Thank you SO much for the descriptions!
    Mommy to Ana and Aubrey
    Visit my website:

MuShu Mom is offline Village Royalty

I don't remember exactly what all my MuShu did at what age but what I DO remember is surviving all of the antics, etc. until she turned 3 years old! That was the magic number! MuShu was such a headstrong, naughty, hyper thing I was frustrated and exhausted! My vet told me to hold on, hold on until she is 3. That would be when she would calm down, get a little more affectionate, etc. I didn't believe her, but she was right!

ON THE EIGHTH DAY, GOD CREATED PUGS !

Hopelessly "Pugged" ,

Cheri

518dark-rose is offline Village Admiral

This is a really interesting thread, can't wait to read more of the answers, Scooby will be 5 months on the 13th :)

I would say he is quite good with pottying outside but I do still always like to keep a close eye on him just in case. He will usually wait by the door with a certain look on his face if he needs to go outside, but we still have the odd accident now and again. He can sit, lay down, beg, play dead, give paw & high five. He is extremely playful and loves to pugtona. On a night he will lay with us on the sofa whilst we watch tv until it is his bedtime, but that's the only time he will stay still for longer than 5 minutes unless he's asleep! x

Ti Amore Scooby Snack - 13/04/10

OzzyBear is offline Village Mayor

All I can say is at 6 months, Oz hasn't changed much. He definitely has less accidents than he did in the beginning, but still doesn't seem to have a problem going inside if we aren't consistent. He's a TEENY bit better at listening, but still a hell puppy for the most part. He knows how to sit, lay down, come when called, he knows "off" "treat" (what dog doesn't know that one?) "Kennel" "go poo or go potty" and "leave it" (although he doesn't always comply to that one). He isn't very social yet...mainly because the summer has been too hot for him to be out. I'm looking into getting him into classes soon, and my fiance and I are going to start taking him out for walks.

We have another dog who is a pomeranian/shelty mix who Oz enjoys pissing off and always wants his bone even though he has the exact same one.

He eats twice a day...just now weening him off the puppy food. LOTS of treats inbetween. Probably too many. But he's not looking like a tootsie roll so far, so I think he's ok for now. lol

HATES being left alone. Cries for a while when left alone, but eventually settles down. Goes bonkers when we come back.

Still has a biting fingers problem. Ocassionally feet, too. But he's getting better with that.

That about sums it up. I'm thinking yours won't be as naughty as mine. My mom often puppy sits Oz and lets him get away with a lot.
    The Oz Man

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans" - John Lennon

charminglochie is offline Village Mayor

Well Stanley is nearly 6 months old. he is sort of housetrained except for the occasional night time accident. He is about to move to 2 meals a day (he eats Royal Canin) and has 2 walks a day. He can do sit, down, stay, come but is still extremely hyperactive and nippy. I think this is down to the fact that I have two hyperactive sons so he thinks he is just playing with his 'pack'. But it's all good :o)
    Kelly
    Learning about Pug care the Stanley Way!!

I also forgot to say that are girls sleep in separate crate, next to each other, but we have to put a divider between them so they don't bark at each other.
    Mommy to Ana and Aubrey
    Visit my website:

+ Reply to Thread