Wheels for Pugs
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Wheels for Pugs

cellacoyne is offline New to the Village

Default Wheels for Pugs

Hi,

I am new to this forum. I was wondering if anyone had any info on getting back leg wheels for my 14 year old pug. She is having a lot of difficulty with her back legs, I brought her to the vet and she is healthy (good appetite and no problem with going to the bathroom. I have searched on the internet and there are so many products! Any advice would be great.

Thanks,
    Lynn

Rugbysmom is offline Village Royalty

Hi & I don't have any advice about the "wheelies," just wanted to say I'm sorry your little girl is having so much trouble. It is the hardest thing, when they get old! I am sure somebody will come on here who will be able to advise you. I belong to a Lab board also, & a lady on there had a husband who made a wheelie for their old Lab, & I know they got some special orthopedic sheepskin somewhere to help avoid chafing...Best of Luck. Please give your old girl a hug for me. Rugbysmom

bumble is offline Village Hooker

There were people on here a few years back who used carts for their pugs; if they or someone who remembers their names doesn't come forward, PM (Notification, top right corner, this page) me; I know where to get in touch with them.
    Sheila, owned by Paddy the Wonderpug

Save the planet; it's the only one with red wine, chocolate, and pugs

4. Remove Advertisements
    PugVillage.com
    Advertisements

MuShu Mom is offline Village Royalty

My first pug, Mugsy, ended up requiring a cart. My husband did the internet research at the time and he mostly went by what he could get for the cheapest. I didn't really like the cart we got. Required a lot of adjusting with a special allen wrench and was hard to get Mugsy's feet off far enough off of the ground. But I do know we waited too long to get him a cart. My vet did say get it while the front legs are strong. The less they walk, the weaker they get. So just look at all the sites and decide which is the best for your puggie and you. I think they even make a kind that allows the dog to sit down and get up on their own, but not sure if the medical condition of your pug would apply. Good luck. It does improve their quality of life, at least for awhile in my Mugsy's case.

ON THE EIGHTH DAY, GOD CREATED PUGS !

Hopelessly "Pugged" ,

Cheri

+ Reply to Thread