Gus and the 2 Deaf pugs in town are on a mission...........to help educate....this is cool.....
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6Likes
  • 4 Post By Pat's Crew
  • 1 Post By JustChuck
  • 1 Post By Bugoneal

Thread: Gus and the 2 Deaf pugs in town are on a mission...........to help educate....this is cool.....

Pat's Crew is offline Village Question Asker

DefaultGus and the 2 Deaf pugs in town are on a mission...........to help educate....this is cool.....

So far we have 3 bookings to go too.......
    The vet that introduced the dogs to all the shut ins suggested that teaching people about deafness through a dog would be a wonderful idea........... He came up with this idea when he met me and Gus and thought Gus had such great Persona. he also met the deaf pugs and he said they played together and have a blast.......and also have a good persona as well........... he made the point that deafness has to be understood........ the fact that it can happen to any animal or human for that matter and does with age especially...............
    and so he brought it up at a few places......
    We are all going to go 3 senior homes first to show them that deafness does not mean the end of the world or lack of hearing for that matter........
    and then we are booked to go to a service club to a presentation on the same issue..........
    and then one at the school in town since they have some younger kids that are using hearing aids.......

the 3 senior homes are booked into the month of September
    all the dogs do great with sign language
    and all the dogs get along together good too
    we will make up a sheet to explain some simple sign language they can use themselves......

I have signs for me and that is like a junior level of the American Sign Language.......

the vet lives in town here and the dogs are known by everyone in town almost but bet most of them have no idea that they are deaf.......

the dogs will get treated royally I am sure..........
    A pugs world is full of play and sleep and of course good food.........

JustChuck is online now Village Governor

That seems like a great idea. Go Gus!
    Pat's Crew likes this.
    Murphy (fawn) DOB Jun 16, 2010
    Sparky (black) DOB Nov 18, 2012

Bugoneal is offline Village Royalty

You too will be treated royally I'm sure. Thank you Pat for educating the public. Nothing is better than knowledge.
    Pat's Crew likes this.
    ~~mary - loved by Colbie the Viszula Pug, plus many featherpugs! Remembering our heart dogs Bug and Sugar at the Rainbow Bridge with Sissy the Chihuahua Pug.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PugVillage.com
    Advertisements

Pat's Crew is offline Village Question Asker

the hope is that with the deaf dogs it will not be so rough for them going through loosing their hearing as well.
    the vet and I are going together and the lady that owns the two pugs........
    likely all the dogs will follow the hand signs no matter who does them........lol.
    A pugs world is full of play and sleep and of course good food.........

+ Reply to Thread