Where are the silver pugs??
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Where are the silver pugs??

Ant
    Ant is offline Village Mayor
    Guatemala (affectionally called Watermelon)

Question Where are the silver pugs??

I have never seen one... Does anybody own (or is owned) by a silver pug here??

At first I wanted a silver one instead of a fawn one, but they told me that they are EXTREMELY rare... I've yet to see a black pug IRL.

Winston's Mom is offline Village Senator

From what I have read, a true silver pug is very very rare. The definition of the silver pug is the absence of any black hair in the coat (no black guard hairs) and it appears that the pug has been "bathed in moonlight". They do have the black mask and ears, just no black in the actual coat.

There have been many "ads" for silver pugs and what they are is dark pugs that are what the breed standard calls "smutty" too much black on a fawn dog. There are some beautiful pugs with darker coats that are awesome, they just aren't silver!

I think it was www.pugs.com used to have a photo of one on their website. Don't know if it is still there.
    Winston's Mom
    Ladies of the Lone Star State
    Gracie, LadyHawk
    Forever Missing Winston, Precious & Snazzy waiting at the Rainbow Bridge

Domsmom is offline Village Governor

When I bought Pugsley I was told that he was silver. Sometimes when I take him out people ask me if he is silver but I do not believe that he is silver.

tall grass pugs is offline Village Orb Weaver Advocate

Thalia here, paralegal to Ceylon, senior partner of Ceylon, Ceylon, and Ceylon, pc a law firm. Actually Ceylon is a silver fawn but she is so modest she always tips her coat with a darker color. She told me once that she wanted the attention to be on the 'law' and her sagacious arguements rather than her moon silver coat. Really, don't you just want to put your paw over your mouth in envy for Ceylon's modesty. Thalia

Ant
    Ant is offline Village Mayor
    Guatemala (affectionally called Watermelon)

Wow, so they ARE that rare...

Well, I'll keep looking for a picture at least then.

ewoodpugz is offline Village Admiral

Quote Originally Posted by tall grass pugs
    Thalia here, paralegal to Ceylon, senior partner of Ceylon, Ceylon, and Ceylon, pc a law firm. Actually Ceylon is a silver fawn but she is so modest she always tips her coat with a darker color. She told me once that she wanted the attention to be on the 'law' and her sagacious arguements rather than her moon silver coat. Really, don't you just want to put your paw over your mouth in envy for Ceylon's modesty. Thalia
    Hmmmm...Ceylon really is a one off isn't she? I can just imagine () her painstakingly tinting her fur so as not to be overt in her glamour and uniqueness. Actually, Thalia, Mickey and Arthur told me that they think that you with your mature, silvery coat, are much more touched with star dust than the mighty monarch herself...sssshh...but don't tell her...
    Rebecca, and her puggies Miss Emma, Mickey, Arthur and Marmite.

Forever missing my beloved Albert, waiting for us at the bridge.

+ Reply to Thread