IS it bad to hold your pug puppy too much?
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: IS it bad to hold your pug puppy too much?

Peja43916 is offline Village Mayor

Default IS it bad to hold your pug puppy too much?

Basically my girlfriend and I always hold Milo like he is a baby. That is the only way we can control him from biting on everything and also from going potty inside the house. He does not like being on a leash because he will just bite on it and he absolutely HATES being inside his crate , so the only way we can prevent any of these things is to just hold him with us while we are watching TV or other things and only let him down for short instances to let him run around for some exercise and playtime. But is holding him too much bad? He doesn't seem to mind most of the time except for when he is having his little fits when he doesn't get his way.

Donnag is offline Village Royalty

I don't think that holding him to much is a bad thing, it's just that your not teaching him to deal with the issues in hand.
    He will associate bad behavoir with oh if I am bad they will just hold me....
    Many other people here will be able to better explain what I am trying to say!
    Donna, Vivian and Stewie..... Rupert forever in my heart

Pugdawg1 is offline Village Baker

I think too much of anything can be bad. He might start to associate being bad, with being held, and may start to really shy away from cuddling and all that. Maybe. I dunno, never thought about it much. How old is your little guy? Most seem to tend to not like crates in the beginning, but if you stick to your guns and don't give in, often they realize that a crate is a good thing. It's their space, their safety zone, their den.
    Marnie & Winston
    Always and forever missing her Oscar.

Peja43916 is offline Village Mayor

He just turned 4 months on the 20th. We don't only hold him when he is doing something bad. It's not like when he bites on something, we immediately pick him up or if he goes potty inside we immediately pick him up. We just hold him to prevent these things from happening. Thanks for the responses. I am going to buy him a kong to keep him busy since most on here say that it will keep him busy for awhile while we do other things.</p>

+ Reply to Thread