Making clothes for pugs, patterns, etc.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Making clothes for pugs, patterns, etc.

PKMousie is offline Village Puppy

Default Making clothes for pugs, patterns, etc.

Does anyone here have simple patterns for making clothes for a pug? I'm no expert at sewing, but I do have a good sewing machine and the confidence to try new things, so I thought that making some outfits for Peaches would be a great way to get into a new hobby. Besides, I'm sure Peaches would love custom clothes made only for her!

I don't want anything too fancy, t-shirts, sweaters, and jammies would be best for now I think. Is there someplace I could buy patterns? Is there an online resource that people here use?

I know that pugs are shaped a bit differently than other small doggies, so patterns that take this into consideration would be best. :)

Please let me know! I will be sure to document the process with many photos. :)
    Millions of Peaches, Peaches for me!

The Pugdads is offline Village Royalty

Quote Originally Posted by PKMousie
    Does anyone here have simple patterns for making clothes for a pug? I'm no expert at sewing, but I do have a good sewing machine and the confidence to try new things, so I thought that making some outfits for Peaches would be a great way to get into a new hobby. Besides, I'm sure Peaches would love custom clothes made only for her!

I don't want anything too fancy, t-shirts, sweaters, and jammies would be best for now I think. Is there someplace I could buy patterns? Is there an online resource that people here use?

I know that pugs are shaped a bit differently than other small doggies, so patterns that take this into consideration would be best. :)

Please let me know! I will be sure to document the process with many photos. :)
    OK, now! You're going to start making the rest of us Pugdads look bad! I was a costume designer in college, and I still buy everything for the Pugs! (Though, a few years ago, I made a FABULOUS "PeeWee and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat" coat for a "Pugs on Broadway" fundraiser!)
    Pugdad Michael, co-Pugdad of Penny, Molly and SugarRay!!! (And Duke of San Francisco! Thanks, Queen Puggles!)

Missing:
    • Miss Phoebe (our original Puggie who got us all goofy over Pugs!),
    • Bruno, Cassie, and PeeWee (the amazing PugFamily!), and
    • Sweet Ziggy (who was with us for too short a time)
    www.pugdads.com

nicalishihtzu is offline Village Mayor

Here is a site with a resizeable pattern for a coat and dress. It has a large photo gallery of things people have made from the patterns. Looks really easy! Peaches is adorable
    http://sewing.circleofcrafters.com/f...stpattern.html

Quote Originally Posted by nicalishihtzu
    Here is a site with a resizeable pattern for a coat and dress. It has a large photo gallery of things people have made from the patterns. Looks really easy! Peaches is adorable
    http://sewing.circleofcrafters.com/f...stpattern.html
    Ooh, good link! And they're really simple... good for a novice like me. :)

Quote Originally Posted by The Pugdads
    OK, now! You're going to start making the rest of us Pugdads look bad! I was a costume designer in college, and I still buy everything for the Pugs! (Though, a few years ago, I made a FABULOUS "PeeWee and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat" coat for a "Pugs on Broadway" fundraiser!)
    I bought myself a really nice sewing machine after using my old, terrible, jamming sewing machine to make myself a Pikachu costume for haloween one year. The project was a huge success, but I vowed to never repeat the experience of fighting against such a crappy tool to accomplish it! Wouldn't you know it... I haven't done anything cool with it since. I mostly use it to fix clothes or mend things, occasionally I've hemmed a curtain. It's been in the back of my mind that I should start another major project and capitalize on my investment, and now I have my excuse! :)

Luvbean25 is offline Village B'Dazzlin' Show Girl

I would give you mine...but then I would have to kill you!!! Just kidding!!! the link that was provided is a great place to start. Pugs have a funny shape so error on the large and trim down from there...and VELCRO is a MUST!!!

Most of all have fun!

Sarina
    Mommy to: Sebastian
    Pugs: Chloe, Emma, Scarlett, & Milani

"The discipline of desire is the background of character".

Co-Pilot in Flight is offline Village High Flying Sweetheart

Quote Originally Posted by Luvbean25
    I would give you mine...but then I would have to kill you!!! Just kidding!!! the link that was provided is a great place to start. Pugs have a funny shape so error on the large and trim down from there...and VELCRO is a MUST!!!

Most of all have fun!
    Now now Sarina, if you can't keep up with demands, we might have to share! Okay, okay I know that is not going to happen.

just so you know Sarina makes CUTE puggie dresses and sews puggie clothes for her rescue group too. I hope you fall in love with sewing for Peaches, it is SOOO fun to dress them up!

One of Sarina's many creations:

Sara
    Mom to Co-Pilot my pug girl and Carter our little boy!

Co-Pilot on Dogster

www.dogster.com/dogs/324829 301.9

sunspirit is offline Village Mayor

Sarina - the dress you made for co-pilot is adorable!

pkmousie - yes, definitely share pictures of your creations :-)

Yes, it is fun to dress the puggies up. Tucker wasn't too keen on it at first but he's getting used to it. Today we're going to a luau - I'll take pics to share.
    Lauren, Tucker, Jazz & Chuck (a very cool cat)
    Tucker http://www.dogster.com/?299836 (born 3/9/2006)
    Chuck http://www.catster.com/?299852

I'm not a seamstress but I checked out the site - people got very creative with that simple pattern. I think I need a girl puggie :-)

Okay - last post from me. This looks like something I could do - not much sewing. Like the idea of a little bell. And of course I had to share since it's such a cute little puggie.
    -----------------------------------

Melissa, from Michigan, US, sent in this photo of her brand new baby Pug named Onyx wearing his new vest. Instead of cutting 2 layers and sewing them right sides together, she simply cut one layer from a thick fleece type material. Then she added velcro and some fake fur around the neck line. She ended up with this vest with very little sewing required.

Melissa mentioned that she also put a bell on the vest, making sure he couldn't reach it to chew on it, and now she can hear him running around the house. He is so small that she was worried about stepping on him, but now she can hear right where he is at.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast