pug yorkie mix puppy
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: pug yorkie mix puppy

karen polsky is offline New to the Village

Default pug yorkie mix puppy

Hi. We just bought an adorable (of course) pug/yorkie mix puppy. We will be picking him up from the breeder in two weeks when he will be an old man of 8 weeks. Does anyone else have this kind of hybrid? His mom was on site and was a sweet pug/yorkie mix. His dad was in picture only and is a full pug. Both dogs are very healthy. So, basically he is 3/4 pug if my math is correct. I know it is hard to say how any dog's personality is going to be.....however, I was wondering if anyone out there has any experiance with this combo. Thank you in advance. KarenP

Co-Pilot in Flight is offline Village High Flying Sweetheart

I don't have any experience with those two breeds being mixed together, but for a lot of people on here that work in rescue every day, the overall feeling might be that if you don't want a pure Pug, you might look into shelters and rescues where there are just so many of these babies that need a home.

I don't know if anyone really would have experience with that specific type of dog because is it not until recent times that people would actually breed two completely different breeds on purpose. From time to time an accident would happen and the offspring from that litter would be considered a mutt. There are some fellow PVer's that have rescued mixed breeds though, so hopefully they can chime in soon with their experience!

Good luck in whatever you decide and welcome to the Village!
    Last edited by Co-Pilot in Flight; 07-08-2007 at 07:16 PM.

Sara
    Mom to Co-Pilot my pug girl and Carter our little boy!

Co-Pilot on Dogster

www.dogster.com/dogs/324829 301.9

DantePugs is offline Founding Member

Welcome Karen.

No way to tell really. The best indicator would be the personality and temperament of the parent dogs, and the overall qualities of the breeds involved. I know the Pugs personality, but not the Yorkies although they are Terriers which I'm sure have the typical Terrier temperament. Terrier's can be bold, independent and quite frisky and that could make things interesting.

Looking forward to hearing about your experience!
    DantePugs

Blanche is offline Village Gaia

I'm with Dante on this one--you'll just never know until the true personality comes out. Yorkies are tough and dominant little dogs--in spite of their diminuative size, but are also quite affectionate to those they deem appropriate recipients of their love.
    And pugs, well, hard to find a sweeter dog than a pug!

tocents is offline Village Bug Shutterbug

Oh my, it's going to be so much fun to watch this little puppy grow up and watch his personality emerge! Pictures please
    Cathy, Dino Bambino the Lawless Terrier, Laura-Lovey , Bubba Chunk and Sparky Boo Boo, the Pug Mutt

And playing together at The Bridge
    Lucy the Beagledor
    Liza, the sweet little bundle of good nature
    Big Roxie
    Barney the Wonderbug
    Whompin' Stompin' Walter-A Legend in His Own Mind
    Sweet Rascal Joe

Millie'sMichael is offline Administrator Emeritus

Welcome, Karen! Can't wait to see your new addition. Any puppy is a handful, but a puppy with some terrier in it...yikes! You're in for some fun. Glad to have you with us. I know you'll have a grand time with your puppy. The pug's personality is wonderful.
    Last edited by Millie'sMichael; 07-08-2007 at 09:33 PM.
    Michael
    and Millie, the Pug Goddess of Washington, DC.

tall grass pugs is offline Village Orb Weaver Advocate

I am looking forward to pictures, you might want to rest and sleep a lot before the busy baby makes it home.

T'spugs is offline Village Royalty

I groom a yorkie pug mix. Hannah is quite old, but she is a sweet thing. She has the face of a pug, coat of a yorkie, body of a pug, and legs of a yorkie.......... Quite the site she is, but very very loved by her mommy!!
    T, Archie, Tallulah, Mavis, and Mr. Wilson the Golden Retriver. Missing Yoda, Wickett and Blizken, MaeCee Jo Boxer, and Mary~Kate, together at the Rainbow Bridge.

Georgia Pug is offline Village Heart of Gold

Sounds like he is going to be a little cutie pie! I
    can't wait to see pictures and watch him grow
    up. Have you picked a name yet?

The Georgia Pugs
    If You Can't Say Anything Nice,
    Just Don't Say Anything.

angelsmom is offline Village Mayor

Quote Originally Posted by Blanche View Post
    I'm with Dante on this one--you'll just never know until the true personality comes out. Yorkies are tough and dominant little dogs--in spite of their diminuative size, but are also quite affectionate to those they deem appropriate recipients of their love.
    And pugs, well, hard to find a sweeter dog than a pug!

I believe Blanche said it best. I have two puggies and one Yorkie. The Yorkie is the most aggressive of the three. At 8 years old, she weighs 2.5 lbs but she'll bite the ankle of the mailman if you let her...a real HANDFUL! The pugs are so happy go lucky...a LOT easier to train. I love them all

Can't wait to see your cutie

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast