Pug in Long Island area needing rescue
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Pug in Long Island area needing rescue

Karl Ellzey is offline Dad to a lot of pugs!

Default Pug in Long Island area needing rescue

Hi old PV friends.

I have a friend from Florida, currently staying up in Long Island, NY for the summer that needs to rehome a pug.

They have 5 pugs (4 females and 1 male). One of their 5-year old females as been challenging others in the pack for dominance lately, and got in a big fight with one of the other females. Their vet suggested they rehome her to a single-dog home or a home with submissive dogs.

I've tried to have them call one of the contacts at PPRA.org, but no one has returned the call.

Curly Tail Pug Rescue says they aren't taking incomings now.

If you know of someone, or a rescue, that can help, please PM me.

Thanks,

Karl
    Karl Ellzey

Dad to Zeus, Titan, Hera, Apollo, and Luna

^Olympia^, ^Cleo^ , and ^Euro^ at the Rainbow Bridge

bnwebm is offline Village VP

I know its a long shot, but have you tried Buffalo Small Breed Rescue? With the transports in place around here, I imagine it wouldn't be that difficult to get her over here.

barbs pug is offline Village Governor

You might want to try Worthy Tails Rescue out of Mechanicsburg, PA. They foster and I adopted my pug from there.

Buddy's Mom is offline Village Admiral

Hi Karl... Long time no hear!! How's your son/wife/pugs and everything else? I would also recommend the Buffalo Small Breed Rescue, they seem to have a very large network of volunteers and seem to be a good rescue.

I have recently adopted a girl to my pack. Now it's a pack... My black boy Oscar is so dominant that another dominant dog would cause fights as well. Thankfully Sophie (our new adoptee and only female) is submissive to him. I couldn't imagine having an issue so bad to have to re-home one! Good luck to your friend and PLEASE don't be a stranger. I miss hearing about your family, both skin and furry!
    Jennifer

Owned by: Buddy 11-22-03 - 4-17-14 RIP My Buddy, Oscar 1-18-09, And Sophie 04-08-10. 3 Fabulous Kitties, Wife to Chris and Mom to Ryan! Emma kitty at the Rainbow Bridge 9-11-02 - 3-11-13.

"The animals of the world exist for their own reasons. They were not made for humans any more than blacks were made for whites or women for men." Alice Walker

"Ever consider what pets must think of us? I mean, here we come back from a grocery store with the most amazing haul - chicken, pork, half a cow. They must think we're the greatest hunters on earth!" ~Anne Tyler

+ Reply to Thread