pee on all fours
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: pee on all fours

Biggie is offline Village Puppy

Default pee on all fours

when your pugs were pups....

did they go pee on all fours? if they did, do they still do it? Biggie hasnt started lifting his leg when he pees...i know hes just a puppy (5 months), but when should i start expecting him to lift the leg? i just dont want him to get used to doing that in his later years (the other pugs might make fun of him )

ShellnOtis is offline Village Gooby

Otis still "pees like a girl" the majority of the time...he rarely lifts his leg and he's almost four years old. He didn't even start lifting his leg until around two years of age.
    Shelly, Otis, and Miss Figgy
    "The Pug is living proof that God has a sense of humor"--Margo Kaufman

http://www.dogster.com/pet_page.php?j=t&i=133864 For Otis

http://www.dogster.com/pet_page.php?j=t&i=133872 For Figgy

Cathy and Winston is offline Village VP

Winston still squats and he's 14 months. It doesn't bother me. He doesn't (knock on wood) mark in the house either. It will interesting to see if he ever lifts his leg.
    Cathy
    Slave to Edgar Allen Pug
    Forever missing Winston 1-18-2005 to 5-16-2011
    Syringomyelia Sucks
    Always in my heart

Rosiepug is offline Moderator et Village Parisienne

Most boys start cocking their legs when they reach maturity around 8 months. Some that have been neutered at a young age never **** their leg at all. Saves on marking the bed skirt LOL

The Pugdads is offline Village Royalty

I've got you all beat! Miss Molly lifts her leg and pees like a boy! And she's got good aim, too!
    Pugdad Michael, co-Pugdad of Penny, Molly and SugarRay!!! (And Duke of San Francisco! Thanks, Queen Puggles!)

Missing:
    • Miss Phoebe (our original Puggie who got us all goofy over Pugs!),
    • Bruno, Cassie, and PeeWee (the amazing PugFamily!), and
    • Sweet Ziggy (who was with us for too short a time)
    www.pugdads.com

Biggie is offline Village Puppy

Quote Originally Posted by Rosiepug
    Most boys start cocking their legs when they reach maturity around 8 months. Some that have been neutered at a young age never **** their leg at all. Saves on marking the bed skirt LOL

speaking of neutering....i know that i should because i dont plan on breeding him. but im worried about him not being as playful or as active. my parent maltese was extremely playful before going under the knife. afterwards he just seemed to mellow out.

have any of you NOT neutered or spayed your pug?

im hesitant because i like biggie's temperament as is....but can someone convince me otherwise?

1stTimeMom is offline Village Senator

You really should neuter your pug. There are lots of reasons. You don't want him to start marking, it's best for their health, they won't hump, no testicular cancer.
    When we had Stokley neutered, he wa mellow for one day after the surgery and right back to his playful self. I think some people notice a difference because when they get neutered, they're also growing up and mellowness comes with age. But if he's playful now, I wouldn't worry about.
    Lindsey, mom to rescue boy, Wrigley and rescue princess, Emily Faith!
    Always remembering my sweet baby Stokley waiting at the Bridge. June 20, 2004-December 10, 2005

crazypugmom is offline Village Admiral

I neutered both my boys at 6 months, and it did not change their personalities at all. If I ever got another male puppy, I would probably have him neutered at 5 months. Neither of my boys mark for which I am extremely thankful.
    Leslye, Chyna, Tinker, Ruffy and husband Tim &
    our angels Pugsly and Taz waiting for us in heaven

Northern Illinois Pug Rescue & Adoption

www.northernillinoispugrescue.org

http://www.dogster.com/family/766626

ViralMD is offline None

I think temperament is largely determined by genetics, not by the presence (or absence) of testosterone. Neutering/spaying is the way to go: much less likely to mark in the house, happier, healthier and all-around more pleasant to be around. I'd never NOT have my puppy neutered or spayed.

As for lifting legs - around six months, when the testosterone starts to kick in, he'll start lifting his leg. Some dogs never do, however, and I've seen quite a few bitches that DO lift their legs...
    Viralmd, Cyril (aka Aljac Captain Hook CGC) and Tassie, the rescue chihuahua

Lisa&Izzy&Aggy is offline Village Chatterbox

I got Izzy spayed at 6 months. It didn't slow her down one bit. She stiil has the same sweet personality and she LOVES TO PLAY!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast