• 1 Post By Lu Ci and Ri Ki
  • 1 Post By Loconn55
  • 2 Post By Tygermoth

Thread: Needing some pug info please! 😊😊

Hev
    Hev is offline New to the Village

Red faceNeeding some pug info please! 😊😊

Hi everyone,
    I'm not sure I'm in the right forum for my question so if I'm not then please redirect me. I became the very proud mum to Ollie who was 6moths old when he came to live with us, training and housebreaking are going as a pug goes by what I've read and I'm not concerned. My question is how can I find out how pure my boy is? To be he seems full pug! A few people have seen him and made comments to me regarding his size telling me he must be mixed with a saffy! I will love him either way I just want to know as the family I got him from did not mention anything. He is not a small boy and he weighs a small ton, but everything about him is pug.if anyone can help that would be great, the forum won't let me upload a photo unfortunately but:Thanks.

LilyFayre is offline Village Admiral

Hi!

You need to upload your photo to a web hosting site first, e.g. www.photobucket.com and then copy/paste in the img code into your post on here.

Can't say that I've ever tried a breed DNA test myself, but as far as I know the fairly new one introduced by a company called Embark is the most sophisticated and accurate test to date - bit expensive at $199 but apparently also tells you what genetic markers for disease that could potentially occur too.

Having said that pugs seem to come in many shapes and sizes.......
    Lu Ci and Ri Ki and Hev like this.

Lu Ci and Ri Ki is offline Village Ya-Ya

Hello and to PugVillage. Glad you have joined us. If you go to "Forums" and look for "How to do Stuff on PugVillage" you will see how to post photos. Look forward to seeing pix of Ollie.
    Hev likes this.
    We never touch people so lightly that we don't leave a trace.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PugVillage.com
    Advertisements

Hev

[IMG][/IMG]

Thanks for the replys I've tried to upload hope this works xxx
    Lu Ci and Ri Ki likes this.

Snifter is offline Moderator/Village Merchant

He looks all pug to me. If you know his KC registered name you should be able to get hold of his pedigree.

As for size, it varies hugely. My Toddy as at the bottom end of the breed standard weight at 7.5 kg or a tad less. My Snifter is outside the top end at 9.5kg and he is very much the right weight for his size. Toddy is much more delicately built (though still the right shape for a pug) whereas Snifter is a big, solid bruiser of a boy. If they are out together people often mistake them for male and female due to the size difference.
    Hev likes this.

Bella, mummy to Snifter and Toddy!

http://avrilmunson.wordpress.com

Bugoneal is offline Village Royalty

Its so hard to tell sometimes BUT this Ollie looks all pug to me. They have DNA kits on the market. I don't know much about them as I really didn't care. Our girls ranged from little tiny 14 pounds to a big almost 30 pounds of muscle, longer legs, shorter legs and one even had a tail that went over her back but didn't curl (it had been broken when she was a tiny pup). They all were full of pug crazy mischief and all loved us like crazy and it was mutual on our part as well - so even if they were part something else it just didn't matter to us. Good luck with your search - try the DNA kits.
    Hev likes this.
    ~~mary - loved by Colbie the Viszula Pug, plus many featherpugs! Remembering our heart dogs Bug and Sugar at the Rainbow Bridge with Sissy the Chihuahua Pug.

Lu Ci and Ri Ki is offline Village Ya-Ya

Oliie is adorable and looks all Pug to me.
    Hev likes this.
    We never touch people so lightly that we don't leave a trace.

Loconn55 is offline Village Royalty

Ollie is a gorgeous boy — looks all pug to my eye, though it doesn't really matter — he's 100% adorable!
    Hev likes this.
    See Lisa's (6 Beautiful Pugs) 'wishlist' for her grumble at the Rusty Pug Retirement Ranch and help them out at:http://www.amazon.com/gp/registry/wi...ref=cm_sw_su_w

Tygermoth is offline Village Senator

Barry is another bruiser of a pug also at 9.5 - with long legs and less of a flat face - but is 100% pug - so they do come in all shapes and sizes.

Also staffy head shapes tend to breed true, so it would be a more obvious caricaturistic - in my very humble opinion (as a prev staffy owner)
    Lu Ci and Ri Ki and Hev like this.
    Samantha and Lord Barrington Smythe (Barry the Pug)

Please note I have a cognitive disability - as such my wording can be a bit off, muddled, misspelt or in some cases i can miss out some words totally... :D

Hev

Thank you for all your replys,I don't have his kc number so I can't check that out, but having you pug mummies and daddy's reply to me has settled my mind a lot!!
    It was his size that most people commented on but I love my big bruiser! Wouldn't have him any other way!!
    Thanks again everyone

+ Reply to Thread