Fix for binge eating?
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree33Likes

Thread: Fix for binge eating?

Laurenamyxo is offline Village Governor

Default Fix for binge eating?

Ugh, guys help! I have been vegan for 3 years. Now, when I first went vegan, I dropped 3 dress sizes in a few months, just for dropping dairy.. this isn't to say I starve myself, obviously. But as the years have gone by, I've found a lot of vegan friendly junk food, and although I still feel healthier than I did when I was omni, I've fallen into a bit of a rut.. I just can't stop eating!

I lose weight, and then feel like I'm not losing enough, so then think "sod it, I'll have a biscuit" which then turns into 3 biscuits, and eventually half the packet has gone!

Does anyone know of any low fat veg-friendly foods to fill me up, or any methods to inhibit the binges?

dpcb is offline Village Puppy

you've probably heard this one a thousand times but fruit does the trick instead of the junk food. I do smoothies and they do fill you up for a very long time. Healthier too. LOL.

Snifter is offline Moderator/Village Merchant

If you feel hungry then have a cup of tea. If you still feel hungry 30 mins after that then consider having a healthy snack. (Or another cup of tea if you are feeling really strict or motivated)

I swear by white tea (as in green tea, not as in builder's tea!). I find it curbs my appetite more than other types of tea. I lost over 4 stone last year and white tea helped me a lot.

Also, don't buy the biscuits! I don't mean to sound flippant, but if they're not in the house you can't binge on them.

Bella, mummy to Snifter and Toddy!

http://avrilmunson.wordpress.com

4. Remove Advertisements
    PugVillage.com
    Advertisements

It's my boyfriends fault! I swear he's a feeder haha. Yeah I don't really drink many hot drinks.. I suppose I'd probably be less greedy if I did! I'm not overweight by any means, but I have a whole wardrobe of clothes that I'm struggling to bend over in hahaha

CountryPug is offline Village Pug Pony & Brittany Wrangler

The problem with the vegan diet is that many will end up being a simple carb addict. These simple carbs break down into sugar which only makes you crave it more. You need to make sure you are getting good sources of enough protein in your diet and add lots of complex carbohydrates instead of the simple carbs. More fiber will also help to fill you up and feel less hungry. I think a whole food diet is the best way to go....nothing processed and nothing that comes in a box, just whole real food.

Christa, Mom to Toby, Kelsey, Summer & Ellie Mae

missing Riley and Roxy, who are at the bridge
    and my precious Bella 11-2-07 - 05-6-12

I will admit, even before I went vegan I have always been a carboholic.. I can happily eat a potato with pasta, or pasta and garlic bread etc.. I used to be so healthy as well! Feeling a bit fed up in recent months so I suppose some of this turns into comfort eating.. well my boyfriend just got me wii fit so hopefully I'll be motivated to start working hard again ha
    Loconn55 likes this.

Nina_W is offline Village Story Teller

I'm not so much one for excluding an entire food group, but there has been much research showing that we simply eat far too much carbs. Do you know about the work of Tim Noakes? It's worth looking in to - not the hype about what the diet says you should and should not eat, but the studies done on carbs and their effects on our bodies over time (everyone is yelling because of the diet, but no one is reading the science, which is sad).

We've seriously cut down on sugar (including those from carbs) at home here, and it's made a difference to the lot of us :) I guess for a vegan this would mean even more veggies? Have you tried flaxseed rolls? They're better than you think, and they're pretty much carbless. Also, you can make mash out of cauliflower (with coconut butter) that would be vegan and delicious. Steam cauliflower until soft, them pop into a blender and blend, dropping in blobs of coconut butter as it goes. A bit of salt, a bit of nutmeg, and voila - carbless mash! For a change, some coconut cream can turn that same cauliflower much into a rich, creamy soup that rivals any soup with cream.

CountryPug is offline Village Pug Pony & Brittany Wrangler

I guess I am not one to talk...yesterday I needed comfort food, so when I went to the grocery store the donuts were calling me. I bought a box of a half dozen, my husband ate one and I ate the rest, my bad
    puglover22 likes this.

Christa, Mom to Toby, Kelsey, Summer & Ellie Mae

missing Riley and Roxy, who are at the bridge
    and my precious Bella 11-2-07 - 05-6-12

Nina_W is offline Village Story Teller

Quote Originally Posted by CountryPug View Post
    I guess I am not one to talk...yesterday I needed comfort food, so when I went to the grocery store the donuts were calling me. I bought a box of a half dozen, my husband ate one and I ate the rest, my bad
    if it makes you feel any better, we're having a nice hot week, so I've been having ice cream for every meal I can find an excuse for. It's been both breakfast and lunch, today...
    puglover22 and CountryPug like this.

Nina, mashed cauliflower is something I've never heard of but I'm salivating here!
    I'm going to do a quick search of Tim Noakes and see what I find.. see the weather is pretty much always terrible here, so whenever I get home I just wanna eat deep fried foods and all of the carbs haha.

A dozen donuts also wouldn't survive in my house very long !
    puglover22, CountryPug and Nina_W like this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast