Why and How I Feed Raw - updated July, 2010 (includes Breakfast Slop recipe) - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Why and How I Feed Raw - updated July, 2010 (includes Breakfast Slop recipe)

JenniferJuniper is offline Village Mayor

This was a very excellent thread about feeding raw. Thank you for taking such time and consideration into researching and creating such a detailed, easy to follow and informative post! I've thought about implementing a raw food diet but I have to admit it seems a little daunting. The way you've broken it down here does make it seem a little less intimidating but... Ichiban does seem to be doing well on his kibble (and I stocked up awhile back). It doesn't contain chemicals or inexpensive fillers, nor does it contain some of the allergy causing ingredients found in other pet foods such as gluten, soy/lecithin, wheat, corn or sunflower oil. I hope this isn't a stupid question, but you mentioned that water consumed that should go to hydrating the the dog and flushing out toxins is wasted on increasing the bio-availability of dehydrated foods , do you feel as though wetting the kibble would be at all sufficient to counterbalance this effect? Getting away from kibble, do you think high quality wet dog food in conjunction with responsible dental hygiene is just as bad? If you don't mind me asking, how much would you estimate is the monthly cost per, say 20 lb dog on a raw food regime? Anyone purchase prepacked raw food meals for the sake of convenience? If so, about what is that costing you? Sorry about all the questions.
    He is your friend, your companion, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.”
    “Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole.”

Smart Pugs is offline Village Senator

We are starting our dogs on raw today - we are nervous but VERY excited

Smartie, Audrey, Noah
    and Chihuahua siblings: Kirby, Shadow, Zeta and Fizzy Dave

Magicre is offline Village Puppy

i just wanted to report back after two years on raw food for my pug and my ditch dog, corgi mix, malia.

malia is 12 and acts like she's 5.

bubba is 4 and he has the whitest teeth ever, the most luxurious fur i've ever seen. they are both brilliantly black...and five visits to the vet per year are down to one for wellness checks...

no veggies....nothing but protein, bone, organs, and fat....

it's been nothing short of a miracle and i'm glad we stuck with it
    Jilly likes this.
    Owned by:

Bubba - Pug
    Malia - Ditch Dog

4. Remove Advertisements
    PugVillage.com
    Advertisements

Pugpillow is offline Village Royalty

Good for you!
    "You cannot afford to subject your animals, or your children, to medical interventions that you do not understand. The belief system upon which the conventional medical model is founded is so faulty, so corrupt and so dangerous that you simply cannot afford to follow blindly." Catherine O’Driscoll http://www.whale.to/vaccine/driscoll1.html

Hilary & the Pugpillow Gang: Rescues: Denver (10), Tina (7), Murdoch (5) and chihuahua puppy Maximus Spartacus. Always loving my angel-girl Mei-Ling (1994-2009), my cutie-patootie Kim-Soo (1995-2010), my precious Daisy-Bo (1998?-2006), my sweet boyfriend Jake (1997-2010), my little black beauty Betsy (1995-2010), my sweet old grumpy man Gooey (1996-2011), and my sweet gentleman Farnsworth (1998-2012) at the Bridge.

pugPH is offline Village Puppy

i have plenty of raw chicken legs can i put it in the fridge?..how many should i give her for lunch and dinner? can i give her raw chicken everyday? and then is the raw should be boiled 1st or i will give the raw as is?

Thank you so much

sorry for my bad english
    Last edited by pugPH; 03-19-2012 at 11:47 AM.

i think we dont have kibble dog food here in manila..is there any alternative dog food? how about lamb and rice? is that good?

Lu Ci and Ri Ki is online now Village Ya-Ya

It's my understanding the bones need to be raw. When they are cooked they can splinter. Please don't apologize for your English - we have members from all over the world and welcome everyone. I wish I knew more about feeding raw but I'm sure others will be along to give you better advice.
    We never touch people so lightly that we don't leave a trace.

is it fine to give my pug eukanuba lamb and rice? please help.. shes not eating yet this lunch:(

Snifter is offline Moderator/Village Merchant

Go ahead with the Eukanuba just now and see how she goes.

Bella, mummy to Snifter and Toddy!

http://avrilmunson.wordpress.com

ok ill try the eukanuba lamb and rice..i hope she dont have allergy with that food:(
    im really sorry i have too many question. im just new in toy breed..

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast