please help im getting so stressed JUST OVER DOG FOOD!!
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4Likes
  • 3 Post By DappleDoxieStaff
  • 1 Post By DappleDoxieStaff

Thread: please help im getting so stressed JUST OVER DOG FOOD!!

Aquamarie is offline Village Mayor

Unhappy please help im getting so stressed JUST OVER DOG FOOD!!

Ok so this is probley my 3rd post regarding dog foods.
    I now have some money to buy the good stuff of dog food and i was getting pretty set on artimas dry. But lilly as of almost a week ago has been having
    diareah with like a thick brown mucas all in it.. and this only started when i cut out her pedigree puppy wet and just gave her pedigree puppy dry ( to save money till i got the better stuff) now this has me very concerned cause if her tummy is so upset with being on a dry food only, how will she go when i get the better stuff and thats dry only.. and i think she has a skin condition casue she is always itching, but i read that some dog foods help with that. The one dog food i really wanted to put her on wellness core ocean dry is not sold in australia so i have no way of getting it.. If someone could please tell me a direction i need to head in as far as food for her that would be appricated.

(p.s the pedigree puppy dry and wet was being mixed together so i just cut one out, i didnt add it :)
    Proud mommy of Rocky my Staffy & Lilly my Pug

DappleDoxieStaff is offline Village Royalty

The Pedigree kibble is most likely the culprit here. Too much corn and proteins from low grade sources. It is not that you are just feeding kibble.
    A quick call to the vet for advice would be a good idea ... but it this were my puppy, I'd feed a bland diet of boiled rice and chicken for a few days, then start with the better grade kibble, slowly introducing it.
    Anne

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2050/2197629331_a45c4c5a9f_t.jpg ... & Mandy - The alleged Vicious Beast)

Dynamic Adventures of the DappleDuo

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should just relax and get used to the idea.
    -Robert A. Heinlein

Aquamarie is offline Village Mayor

Quote Originally Posted by Pugs-R-MandyBait View Post
    The Pedigree kibble is most likely the culprit here. Too much corn and proteins from low grade sources. It is not that you are just feeding kibble.
    A quick call to the vet for advice would be a good idea ... but it this were my puppy, I'd feed a bland diet of boiled rice and chicken for a few days, then start with the better grade kibble, slowly introducing it.

ok thank you and how often a day would i feel this rice and chicken?
    Proud mommy of Rocky my Staffy & Lilly my Pug

4. Remove Advertisements
    PugVillage.com
    Advertisements

DappleDoxieStaff is offline Village Royalty

Same as i would regular meals. My adults eat once a day, youngsters twice, and puppies three times.

I make bland diet from scratch - starting with boiling the chicken for the meat and to create a stock to make the rice with.
    taffiecandy likes this.
    Anne

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2050/2197629331_a45c4c5a9f_t.jpg ... & Mandy - The alleged Vicious Beast)

Dynamic Adventures of the DappleDuo

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should just relax and get used to the idea.
    -Robert A. Heinlein

pugtown is offline Village Admiral

What other brands do you have access to?

+ Reply to Thread