FOODS our PUGS do not LIKE.... Zeus will not touch ICE CREAM...lol
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: FOODS our PUGS do not LIKE.... Zeus will not touch ICE CREAM...lol

Pat's Crew is offline Village Question Asker

Default FOODS our PUGS do not LIKE.... Zeus will not touch ICE CREAM...lol

we talk about all the food that pugs love but there is likely some they do not like too.
    Zeus from day one has not liked ice cream..tried it again on him tonight and he just walks away.....rather funny really
    Max on the other hand can not get enough ice cream..lol or Gus or Bella for that matter..

Max pretty much eats anything and everything.....he is not fond of tomatoe
    Zeus is the same pretty much anything and everything..just no ice cream and he loves tomatoe..lol

anything your pug does not like?
    A pugs world is full of play and sleep and of course good food.........

Tinker's mom is offline Village Royalty

Tinker does not like banana or raw carrot, she sniffs them and walks away.
    Jackie,Mom to Robbie & Stacy my human children and Tinker my furkid.

CSollers is offline Village Sugar Daddy

I haven't tried ice cream. Minni can take or leave most vegetables. I haven't found a thing Ray won't eat

4. Remove Advertisements
    PugVillage.com
    Advertisements

Spud is offline Village Governor

Spud doesn't like most dog food or treats. He loves duck jerky. I feed him Taste of the wild kibble with the can stuff mixed in. When I first started feeding him it with the wet mixed in he loved it and probably a month later he likes to come over and look at the bowl and turn away. He barely ate at all yesterday as I'm typing this though he is going to town on his food.

Lately I wish he was like most pugs that will eat and and eat. I worry about him not eating, it bugs me. I know in the past I put something on here about it and I agree a dog won't starve himself to death and vet says he is a healthy weight whenever I bring him in. Just makes me worry when he can go a full day and not eat anything or just a couple bites.

However for what Spud doesn't like, its easier to list what he does like, sometimes his dog food. His duck jerky and is always trying to get at anything I want to eat.

Quote Originally Posted by Spud View Post
    Spud doesn't like most dog food or treats. He loves duck jerky. I feed him Taste of the wild kibble with the can stuff mixed in. When I first started feeding him it with the wet mixed in he loved it and probably a month later he likes to come over and look at the bowl and turn away. He barely ate at all yesterday as I'm typing this though he is going to town on his food.

Lately I wish he was like most pugs that will eat and and eat. I worry about him not eating, it bugs me. I know in the past I put something on here about it and I agree a dog won't starve himself to death and vet says he is a healthy weight whenever I bring him in. Just makes me worry when he can go a full day and not eat anything or just a couple bites.

However for what Spud doesn't like, its easier to list what he does like, sometimes his dog food. His duck jerky and is always trying to get at anything I want to eat.
    the odd odd pug will not eat.......not mine..lol they would eat and eat and eat...
    one way that works to help a dog to eat is to nuke the food for a little bit......not hot but warm and aroma will usually get them enticed to eat..

maybe try a bone from the butcher or grocery store..for Spud and see how that goes too?

gemayer is offline Village Princess Puggy Pants

Macie does not like banana

I'll try nuking the food. He really doesn't go nuts for bone either, I can get him to eat easy by throwing in some cut up ham or sometimes he gets a raw piece of chicken. He is always wanting to get at what I am eating, maybe I should act more interested in his food.

Quote Originally Posted by Spud View Post
    I'll try nuking the food. He really doesn't go nuts for bone either, I can get him to eat easy by throwing in some cut up ham or sometimes he gets a raw piece of chicken. He is always wanting to get at what I am eating, maybe I should act more interested in his food.
    Nuking the food really works..

one time for a joke here......I was sitting at night time with all the eyes gazing at me and my plate. I had raw vegetables on there and raw fruit ONLY. sure enough they tried all of them.......lol
    so there is something to be said about liking what we like

can also try to add some natural yogurt to Spud's food
    as well as some garlic.......dogs love the smell of garlic

alot of people have had success wth flooding the food too......acts like a gravy although it s only water....you can nuke that a bit too if you want..

All really good tips. Thank you. Flooding doesn't work at all. I have tried it and he looked at it and just walked away. The garlic is a good idea. I love garlic so it goes on a lot of stuff :) I think I will try and just scoop up some kibble and look at it and let him be like man I bet this is really good.

I think some of it may be we recently took in a beagle and when she would go after his food I would say no, I almost think I may have accidentally made Spud think his dish is off limits. It is amazing on how great he is at behaving. I can put a steak on a plate and sit it next to him and he will just smell at it but never touch it. From yesterday Sadie gets to eat then she goes in the kennel and then Spud gets to eat. Its been a long going thing seeing how he is a slow eater to start but when he thinks he might be doing something wrong he is even slower.

Him and food is just a headache but its something we are working on together. He is such a great friend, listens so well. Apparently to well. Luckily for me he learns really fast so if part of it is he thinks eating out of the bowl is bad I can undo it pretty quickly.

+ Reply to Thread