What to feed my babies?!?!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What to feed my babies?!?!

Logan&Bailey is offline New to the Village

Default What to feed my babies?!?!

Hey Guys,
    I need some advice! I have two Pugs both are a little bit over a year old, we are trying really hard to find a good brand of dog food. We think the puppies might have allergies but we arnt sure exactlly what it is. They are currently on a limited ingredient , grain free diet. But we were looking into other options like Taste of the Wild, or Blue Buffalo but the lady at the pet store says that blue buffalo is bad for pugs... Does anyone have opinions or experiences with either or another idea.. I'm lost. :(

pugtown is offline Village Admiral

Quote Originally Posted by Logan&Bailey View Post
    Hey Guys,
    I need some advice! I have two Pugs both are a little bit over a year old, we are trying really hard to find a good brand of dog food. We think the puppies might have allergies but we arnt sure exactlly what it is. They are currently on a limited ingredient , grain free diet. But we were looking into other options like Taste of the Wild, or Blue Buffalo but the lady at the pet store says that blue buffalo is bad for pugs... Does anyone have opinions or experiences with either or another idea.. I'm lost. :(
    Look at Brothers Complete. Their store is in Florida. They ship for free. You can call them and actually talk to one of the "Brothers" as it is a family owned business. Ask for Pierre or Aaron or their dad Richard.

Brothers Complete

Also new out is Natures Variety Instinct Boost - grain free and with freeze dried raw together. I used to use the Instinct Duck and Turkey but before this new product. Raw food is also a winner here. We use Nature's Variety and Primal. Various canned goods we use are Merrick, Weruva and Addiction.

pugtown is offline Village Admiral

I used to use Blue Buffalo Wildnerness. Most of the pugs did fine. I only had one with allergies so I had to take out the potato in the diet so I stopped using BB for that reason. I used it on my pugs and the foster pugs. I also used TOTW Pacific Stream on one of the fosters but this was about 2 years ago before the new formulation that is out now. He did fine on it also, and I was feeding him extra to gain a little weight. Alot of folks here use TOTW but the current Diamond recall have lots of folks changing foods. I've also used Wellness Core Ocean, Great Life Grain Free, Amicus, Nutrisca Salmon, and Instinct. My faves are Brothers and Instinct Duck & Turkey. Just remember to transition slowly and giving probiotics/enzymes helps with gut health.

+ Reply to Thread