Raw feeders - Suppliers message board
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By AMC7181

Thread: Raw feeders - Suppliers message board

AMC7181 is offline Village Governor

Post Raw feeders - Suppliers message board

For those in the US and Canada - I came across a Yahoo Group called CarnivoreFeed-Supplier that was established to help raw feeders find suppliers who can provide what they need. Note that the board is not to discuss the raw diet, how/what to feed, etc.; its purpose is for you to be able to find a supplier in your area or to post what you need and have a supplier respond.

They also have a list of a number of raw suppliers. The moderators and members of the message board don't necessarily endorse all these suppliers but sometimes you can find feedback on the suppliers. You'll want to check into any supplier you may want to use to see if their food is considered a "complete and balanced" food or whether you have to add some of your own ingredients (fruit/veggies, supplements, etc.). I've found suppliers of ground meat, ground meat/bone, organs, RMBs, recreational bones - pretty much everything. Just be sure you know what you're buying and what you might have to add.

I found two of the suppliers I'm using now from this board and I'm happy with them.

This is a link to the group. CarnivoreFeed-Supplier : Carnivore feeders and feed suppliers

You have to sign up to become a member and the moderator has to approve your request before you can view messages, view the supplier list, or post. The board isn't nearly as active as PV but I have found it useful.

Hopefully this might come in handy for some people who already feed or are interested in feeding raw.
    6 Beautiful Pugs and pugtown like this.

pugtown is offline Village Admiral

I also joined a yahoo BARF group. There are groups for different areas of the country and they've been helpful as well. Thanks for the link! I'm going to check it out.

6 Beautiful Pugs is offline Village Caretaker of the Old & Broken

With the huge price increase I've had for NV, I am seriously thinking of either going back to Ziwipeak or making my own, but I'm so worried about getting the balance of everything correct. I will check this out! Thank you!

Take care,
    Lisa
    In a gentle way, you can shake the world.

- Mohandas Gandhi

4. Remove Advertisements
    PugVillage.com
    Advertisements

pugtown is offline Village Admiral

Quote Originally Posted by 6 Beautiful Pugs View Post
    With the huge price increase I've had for NV, I am seriously thinking of either going back to Ziwipeak or making my own, but I'm so worried about getting the balance of everything correct. I will check this out! Thank you!

Take care,
    Lisa
    As soon as I get my paperwork in, I can get some wholesale Ziwipeak, Stella & Chewys and K9 Natural and Instinct. I already get Vital Essentials dehydrated and Nutrisca freeze dried wholesale. Would those be of any interest or help to you? My gang are really digging the Vital Essentials right now. You can PM me.

AMC7181 is offline Village Governor

Quote Originally Posted by 6 Beautiful Pugs View Post

Take care,
    Lisa
    I saw your message about the prices going up and that's what reminded me of the suppliers' board. I really hope you can find something that will work for your gang! You're obviously thorough and organized given all the medications and special needs of your pug pack, so I have no doubt that you could do homemade raw in a balanced way. :)

+ Reply to Thread