Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By LilyFayre
  • 1 Post By Snifter
  • 2 Post By gemayer
  • 2 Post By Wonka & Nilla

Thread: Need food help

gemayer is offline Village Princess Puggy Pants

DefaultNeed food help

Macie and I need help we will be traveling and I need a good grain free dehydrated food. She cannot eat dry dog food it Has to be the wet food so I need it to dehydrated because we’re gonna be traveling in a small camper. Thanks
    22 years of love at rainbow bridge Gracie and Jon Jon, now joined by Macie my heart pug for 14 years.

LilyFayre is offline Village Tea Pug

The only dehydrated dog foods that I know of in the U.K. are raw products. Have you tried having a look on Amazon and see what the reviews on dehydrated products say?

I suppose it depends on how long you’re travelling for, but I’d be more inclined to try and find the space for her usual food as there’s less likelihood of a stress stomach upset from the journey that way
    Last edited by LilyFayre; 09-02-2019 at 03:03 AM.
    Lu Ci and Ri Ki likes this.
    Suzie
    Bree, Xanthe and Darwin

Puggop is offline New to the Village

Here I would recommend you some good and popular grain-free dehydrated food:

Royal Canin BREED HEALTH NUTRITION Pug Adult dry dog food
    Royal Canin Pug Puppy Dry Dog Food
    Blue Buffalo Small Breed Chicken & Rice Dog Food
    Hill's Science Diet Adult Small & Toy Breed Dog Food

They are my pug's favorite. Of course, you can do a little bit more research after.

Besides, I am wondering if your canine will feel stress in a small camper? Because I know some dogs will feel uncomfortable in a car, learning some tips to release your puppy’s stress is useful and especially when you take an Uber or Lyft with them.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PugVillage.com
    Advertisements

Snifter is offline Moderator/Village Merchant

When do you go? The best thing you can do if you really can't take her regular food with you is to get her used to the new food before you go. This means transitioning her slowly over the course of a week or two.
    Lu Ci and Ri Ki likes this.

Bella, mummy to Snifter and Toddy!

http://avrilmunson.wordpress.com

staticjess is online now Village Governor

Is there a kibble version of what she currently eats? Just add water to any kibble and it’s essentially a wet food once soaked.

Thanks for all your help I have made a tough decision will be gone for a month but feel her age and health issue she is not up to the trip don’t want to take her from her vet Dr Mike he knows her and loves her so much so she is going to stay with my daughter daughter-in-law and son they’re going to take turns I know it will be hard on her and harder on me but it’s a better decision for both of us.
    Lu Ci and Ri Ki and LilyFayre like this.
    22 years of love at rainbow bridge Gracie and Jon Jon, now joined by Macie my heart pug for 14 years.

Thanks for all your help I have made a tough decision will be gone for a month but feel her age and health issue she is not up to the trip don’t want to take her from her vet Dr Mike he knows her and loves her so much so she is going to stay with my daughter daughter-in-law and son they’re going to take turns I know it will be hard on her and harder on me but it’s a better decision for both of us.

Wonka & Nilla is offline Village Dancing Jitterpug

I was going to suggest Honest Kitchen dehydrated - they even offer little cups (like an oatmeal cup) for ease when traveling. However, I see your update and that Macie is going to stay with family instead. I know it will be hard on you to be apart from her, but it sounds like the healthiest choice for her... she'll be near her vet if needed and with family that will love her and look after her.
    Lu Ci and Ri Ki and LilyFayre like this.
    Village Moderator

Mom to Miss Jelly Bean "Beanie" Licorice Pug
    Forever in our hearts:
    Miss Nilla Sassafras Pug August 17, 2002 to April 19, 2018
    And my Heart-Dog...
    Wonka the Dancing Pug, CGC, W-FD, W-TFD.
    Februrary 11, 2005 to May 10, 2020. Miss you, sweet boy!

+ Reply to Thread