+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree8Likes
  • 2 Post By LilyFayre
  • 3 Post By GordonBrunoPugMom
  • 3 Post By Tuck and Ag's Mom

Thread: Puppy food

pugaddiction is offline Village Royalty

Default Puppy food

We will be bringing home a puppy soon and I want to make sure we have everything we need. We have not brought home a puppy in years, last 2 were adult rescues. Do any of you especially breeders have any suggestions for puppy food? Do you use an all life stage food or do you get puppy food?
    And what else will we need. Already have leashes and a harness will be bought when we get him so we know it fits. I also plan on getting an xpen for home and the office.

Sent from my SM-G986W using Tapatalk
    Pug Mom to Roxie
    Zoey (March 27, 2005 - February 23, 2015) and Eddie (October 2, 2010 - September 10, 2019) have moved on to the bridge

LilyFayre is offline Village Tea Pug

Well I always get puppy/junior top quality wetfood for mine. With other larger breeds I've always switched them over to a kibble at around 18 months old. Since I've had the two pugs though and seen the issues they can get with skin or digestive problems I decided to leave well alone and continue feeding the adult version of the wetfood. I use Forthglade that I think you can get there, but it's a British make and would be horribly expensive! The other thing that persuaded me was the number of people with elderly pugs, several living to 20 years old that said they'd always fed wetfood. That also seemed a very good reason to avoid feeding them kibble to me!

Can't wait to see photos of your new baby now!
    Suzie
    Bree, Xanthe and Darwin

GordonBrunoPugMom is offline Village Royalty

I just kept on feeding the Puppy food the breeder has been giving Henry. I suggest to look into insurance. I signed Henry up before I picked him up. A x-pen works great! Plenty of storage space on your phone for photos .

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

4. Remove Advertisements
    PugVillage.com
    Advertisements

Tuck and Ag's Mom is offline Village Admiral

I agree with Kata, I would also get puppy pads, lots of puppy chew toys and if you can send a stuffed animal or blanket ahead so the breeder can put it in with Mom and siblings so when you bring him home he still has some of the same smells. I kept with the same food the breeder sent home with me until 6 months, as well as giving them some goat milk and a little yogurt. I only feed wet, I am not a big fan of dry food but if you do feed dry I would suggest you float it with water before feeding to ensure he gets plenty of water.
    Nancy
    Mom to Lolli and Murphy
    Forever in my heart Aggie, Tucker and Frank

+ Reply to Thread