Check out this great story about Lily, the pug!
Results 1 to 6 of 6
Like Tree6Likes
  • 3 Post By honestkitchen
  • 1 Post By Wonka & Nilla
  • 1 Post By ChristinePugMom
  • 1 Post By sassismom

Thread: Check out this great story about Lily, the pug!

  1. #1
    honestkitchen is offline Village Mayor
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    173

    Default Check out this great story about Lily, the pug!

    We have a bunch of great True Stories on our website that have been submitted by our customers. I wanted to share this one about Lily, a 4yo pug!

    Her Ailments: Anxiety / Behavior Issues, Dental Issues, Food Allergies / Intolerances, Low Energy / Vitality, Skin / Coat Issues, Weight Issues: Overweight, Picky Eater

    Lily's Story
    "My lily is not only picky about her food and treats but she also has allergies, is missing 6 teeth since she is a rescue, is a pug overweight and easily gets dehydrated especially in the summer. Since I've added Honest Kitchen into her diet she has not only stayed more hydrated but she has even lost a few pounds! She currently loves the Winter Warmers and will go back on the "Love" dog food diet once winter is over. She loves watching me make her food and sits there patiently waiting for it to be ready. I'm so happy to have found a company that I can trust to provide me with the food and nutrition my pugs need to stay healthy!"

    Read more >>


  2. #2
    Wonka & Nilla's Avatar
    Wonka & Nilla is offline Village Dancing Jitterpug
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    33,644

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by honestkitchen View Post
    She loves watching me make her food and sits there patiently waiting for it to be ready.
    A pug that sits patiently for food?!?! Mine spin and squeak and tremble in excitement for food time! Because the different varieties of Honest Kitchen soak up (rehydrate) at different rates (and Wonka and Nilla are not so patient!), we make up about 3-4 meals worth at a time, add warm water and soak the food overnight in the fridge so that it is ready to go for mealtime. That way I can just take it out of the fridge and scoop out the servings.
    honestkitchen likes this.
    Village Moderator


    Mom to Miss Jelly Bean "Beanie" Licorice Pug
    Forever in our hearts:
    Miss Nilla Sassafras Pug August 17, 2002 to April 19, 2018
    And my Heart-Dog...
    Wonka the Dancing Pug, CGC, W-FD, W-TFD.
    Februrary 11, 2005 to May 10, 2020. Miss you, sweet boy!

  3. #3
    ChristinePugMom is offline Village Royalty
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Walker,LA
    Posts
    4,693

    Default

    Love Lily's picture. Can't wait for my samples to get here to see how the boys like it. I just can not go back to kibble, Buddy D has a rough time chewing.
    honestkitchen likes this.
    Mom to Elvis and Buddy

  4. Remove Advertisements
    PugVillage.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    honestkitchen is offline Village Mayor
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    173

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wonka & Nilla View Post
    A pug that sits patiently for food?!?! Mine spin and squeak and tremble in excitement for food time! Because the different varieties of Honest Kitchen soak up (rehydrate) at different rates (and Wonka and Nilla are not so patient!), we make up about 3-4 meals worth at a time, add warm water and soak the food overnight in the fridge so that it is ready to go for mealtime. That way I can just take it out of the fridge and scoop out the servings.
    Haha! I think that the squeaking is more common than quietly waiting :) My dog just starts drooling uncontrollably until the food gets put down!

  6. #5
    honestkitchen is offline Village Mayor
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    173

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ChristinePugMom View Post
    Love Lily's picture. Can't wait for my samples to get here to see how the boys like it. I just can not go back to kibble, Buddy D has a rough time chewing.
    Let us know what Buddy D thinks! Or if you have any questions!

  7. #6
    sassismom's Avatar
    sassismom is offline Village Original Southern Dame
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    15,133

    Default

    I haven't ordered in a while but when Sassi was here this was the best addition to her diet since she had such bad allergies! Love honest Kitchen! I mixed the Force with their Chicken SFS kibble to make a tasty meal, soft and spongy so they can eat (Angus and Sissi have missing teeth Meelah not a clue!)
    honestkitchen likes this.
    "A life without pugs is possible but pointless." Vicco von Bülow My Sweet Babies until we meet again at the Bridge Sassi (1998 - 2011) Angus (2005 - 2017) Meelah (2005 - 2018) Sissi (2011 - 2019) Cecil (2018 - 2020)


Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts