+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: HOW TO: Post Pictures on PV

Wonka & Nilla is offline Village Dancing Jitterpug

Quote Originally Posted by Stazz View Post
    Well, I tested it...and Method 2 works with Facebook photo's :) Yeehaaa
    Oh Good!!!!
    So, going to Properties and copying the address, right? (I assume that's the Method 2 that you're referring to.)
    Village Moderator

Mom to Miss Jelly Bean "Beanie" Licorice Pug
    Forever in our hearts:
    Miss Nilla Sassafras Pug August 17, 2002 to April 19, 2018
    And my Heart-Dog...
    Wonka the Dancing Pug, CGC, W-FD, W-TFD.
    Februrary 11, 2005 to May 10, 2020. Miss you, sweet boy!

Stazz is offline Village Admiral

Haha yep, thats correct. RIght click picture, then click properties, then copy URL, then click on the tree on PV and then paste, and OKAY! :)
    Stace
    Mom to Yoda & Leia

xxx

KismetPuggies is offline Village VP

I am so frustrated!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! First of all, I do not have "properties" when looking at facebook, the only thing close that I have is "View Image Info" so I went there, and yes, there are MANY URL's there... I have tried every single one of them and every single one of them says "Invalid URL" when I click on the stupid tree in PV to upload my photo. I should not have to be this irritated just to share pictures of my puppies.

To all of those who have been trying to help me figure this out.. thank you so much! I don't mean to be cranky, it's just that I am extremely computer literate so when I get stumped over something that should be so simple, I get fussy.
    Last edited by KismetPuggies; 06-28-2011 at 12:24 AM. Reason: forgot to add a thank you!!!!!
    Kayte and Crew

Kismet Kennels, Exclusively Pugs

4. Remove Advertisements
    PugVillage.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by KismetPuggies View Post
    I do not have "properties" when looking at facebook, the only thing close that I have is "View Image Info" so I went there, and yes, there are MANY URL's there... I have tried every single one of them and every single one of them says "Invalid URL" .
    I'm sorry it's not working for you..... As I said, I'm not very familiar with Facebook.... Here are a couple of thoughts though: Do you have the photos on Facebook listed as "public"? Maybe they can't be shared due to the settings? Also, when my husband was trying to figure it out, he said he had to open the picture on a regular page, NOT in the special photo viewer that Facebook uses. I'm not really sure how to explain how to do that. What is your Facebook address? Maybe I can take a look and try to figure it out.
    Village Moderator

Forever in our hearts:
    And my Heart-Dog...

Quote Originally Posted by Wonka & Nilla View Post
    I'm sorry it's not working for you..... As I said, I'm not very familiar with Facebook.... Here are a couple of thoughts though: Do you have the photos on Facebook listed as "public"? Maybe they can't be shared due to the settings? Also, when my husband was trying to figure it out, he said he had to open the picture on a regular page, NOT in the special photo viewer that Facebook uses. I'm not really sure how to explain how to do that. What is your Facebook address? Maybe I can take a look and try to figure it out.
    Thanks for the response.. my pictures are public since it's my kennel page.. and yup, I did have to go to the regular page too (the one without the black edges) otherwise there's nothing you can do with it. Facebook is "Kismet Kennels" and the avatar has a picture of my four biggest dogs.

Thanks again for the help!!!
    Kayte and Crew

Ok.. so I finally figured it out.......... One can not go into PV through AOL and post pictures from facebook. However, when doing it through Firefox, it works just fine... Thanks again fro all your help!
    Kayte and Crew

Mopsomaniac is offline Village Mayor

I'm having trouble posting a picture. Getting the avatar was no problem, but inserting a picture is another thing.
    I have no URL to link to, so am working om uploading pictures as attachemnts as it it explains in FAQS. However I can never find the appropriate button to click and have since seen that on my "posting permissions" that I am not allowed to post attachments. Is this normal?

Thanks for helping in advance.
    Karen and Effie
    Last edited by Mopsomaniac; 07-15-2011 at 05:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mopsomaniac View Post
    I have no URL to link to, so am working om uploading pictures as attachments as it it explains in FAQS. However I can never find the appropriate button to click and have since seen that on my "posting permissions" that I am not allowed to post attachments. Is this normal?
    PugVillage does not allow attachments or host the pictures - so, yes, this is normal. The general FAQ's are for all forums that use the same vBulletin software so, unfortunately, some of the things in the FAQ's don't apply to PugVillage. I know it's confusing... sorry!

To post pictures on PugVillage, you have to have a link... this means uploading the picture to some place that will host it for you (such as photobucket, facebook, etc.)

Another possible option: PugVillage does also offer an "Album" (within your profile) for storing a few pictures.... but I don't know very much about it, you might need a certain number of posts before it's available. It's worth a try though! Go to your Profile and on the Left side it will say "Albums" click on that and see if it will let you upload pictures.
    Village Moderator

Forever in our hearts:
    And my Heart-Dog...

Mopsomaniac is offline Village Mayor

Hi

Thanks for the help. Now I can stop trying to find out why I am so stupid that I can't upload attachments - for once it isn't me! Hurra!

It's pat midnight here, so I'll tinker with finding a way to get some picture out there tomorrow.

Once again, thanks for the help.

;)
    Karen

JenniferJuniper is offline Village Mayor

Default Embedding pictures from your PV photo album

Quote Originally Posted by Wonka & Nilla View Post
    Another possible option: PugVillage does also offer an "Album" (within your profile) for storing a few pictures.... but I don't know very much about it, you might need a certain number of posts before it's available. It's worth a try though! Go to your Profile and on the Left side it will say "Albums" click on that and see if it will let you upload pictures.
    This is the method I used and, being new to PV, I only had about one post at the time I created the album so it seems there are no minimum post requirements. I was wondering why all the instructions covered the use of third party social networking and image hosting sites when you can create a PV photo album for other users to view (I know how PV members are very big on photos and photo sharing!) and use that as your means of embedding pictures.

Step One:

Create an album on your PV profile if you don't already have one. You may do this by selecting "My Profile" in the upper right hand corner, then selecting Add Album under the Albums header in the left hand side menu on the My Profile page, then name the album, select Save Changes and then you can select the Upload Pictures button to upload pictures that are saved to your computer.

Step Two:

Embed pictures from your album into the body of your posts by doing the following

A Open your album

B Select the image you'd like to use

C Copy the BB Code

D And finally, just paste said BB code right into your post, wherever you'd like to insert the image.

Voilà! Nice and simple!

I used the above method to insert all the screenshot images contained in the instructions. Sorry about fragments of advertisements that had been on the screen, bad editing!
    Last edited by JenniferJuniper; 07-28-2011 at 04:55 AM.
    TootsLayla likes this.
    He is your friend, your companion, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.”
    “Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole.”

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast