HOW TO: Post Pictures on PV - Page 8
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: HOW TO: Post Pictures on PV

Rugbysmom is offline Village Royalty

Thank you for going to all that trouble, but I tried it again, & it still didn't work for me. Maybe because I have Windows 10 or something? I went to my photos in Google Photos. I clicked on my picture to make it big. Right clicked on the picture, but I didn't see a "copy image address" option. (The closest thing I could find was the "share" symbol to click on. I tried that--didn't work). When I clicked on that, it allowed me to copy the link. But, I tried to "paste" that into the URL box that pops up, & it didn't work. Probably because I tried to paste a link into an image box......I really appreciate you trying to help me out, though! (I may be hopeless......)
    Rugbysmom

Rugby 7/10/02 - 9/28/15 Miss you, little girl! You're always in my heart!

Molly DOB: 7/6/04

GordonBrunoPugMom is offline Village Royalty

Do you open photos in the chrome browser?
    What do you see upon right mouse click ? Can you open the picture in a new window?
    Last edited by GordonBrunoPugMom; 03-25-2018 at 08:12 PM.

Bless your heart for trying to help me do this! I really appreciate your help, but I don't want you to waste all your time on this! If I can't figure out how to just post photos, I think I can just copy & paste links--I just prefer for pictures to show up, but maybe I just can't do that for now. If you do think you can figure it out easy, I appreciate your efforts!

Do I need to be using Google Chrome? When I start my computer, I can go directly to my Google Photos. Or, it seems like the browser it automatically goes to is Microsoft Edge, or Bing. Then I can type in Google Photos, but no matter what I do, it never seems to work. Would it be better to install Google Chrome?

When I click on a picture to make it large, at the top I see zoom, delete, rotate, edit & create, share, print, More--under "More," I see Slideshow, Save as, Copy, Open with, Set as, View Actual Size, File Info, Send Feedback.

If I right click on the photo, a pop up box appears with Delete, Rotate, Edit & Create, Add to Creation, Share, Print, Slideshow, Save as, Copy, Open with, Open folder, Set As, View actual Size, File Info. If I click on copy, the list disappears, so I assume it copies, but then I can't paste it into the URL box that pops up at PV when I try the little tree in the square icon. If I click on "Share," it shows some peoples' name from my contacts, plus "Copy File," Feedback Hub, Mail, Cortana Reminders, One Note, Skype, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Line, Messenger. I never see what looks like a URL that I can copy. I have to give up for tonight, but I will keep trying, or I'll just starting copying links if I can't figure it out......
    Rugbysmom

4. Remove Advertisements
    PugVillage.com
    Advertisements

yes I will figure this out. I can crab my sons Laptop with windows. Yes I use the Chrome Browser. But if you see an option for open in a new window try that and see if the URL from that window works. I believe it could be Windows/Google is resizing the original for storage options. You can click and see what happens when you ask to see the actual size ? I have all my photos stored in original size format but I also got free Google storage.
    Last edited by GordonBrunoPugMom; 03-26-2018 at 05:56 AM.
    Rugbysmom likes this.

Wonka & Nilla is offline Village Dancing Jitterpug

I was able to use basically the same technique using FireFox browser, but NOT Microsoft Edge. So I think Edge is the issue. They have changed some things to make it a little harder to snag the image address. If you can and are willing, try to open your photos in either Chrome or Firefox browser and then you should be able to follow the steps above.
    Village Moderator

Mom to Miss Jelly Bean "Beanie" Licorice Pug
    Forever in our hearts:
    Miss Nilla Sassafras Pug August 17, 2002 to April 19, 2018
    And my Heart-Dog...
    Wonka the Dancing Pug, CGC, W-FD, W-TFD.
    Februrary 11, 2005 to May 10, 2020. Miss you, sweet boy!

Thank you! I'm not much of a techie! It would probably help if I was born about 30 years earlier!

Thank you all for trying to help me out!

I remember years ago when I was trying to figure out how to use Photo Bucket! Took me soooo long! Now here we go again!
    myboysRmylife likes this.
    Rugbysmom

Quote Originally Posted by Rugbysmom View Post
    Thank you! I'm not much of a techie! It would probably help if I was born about 30 years earlier!

Thank you all for trying to help me out!

I remember years ago when I was trying to figure out how to use Photo Bucket! Took me soooo long! Now here we go again!
    Windows Edge is the culprit. They disabled the right click menu. They have a 3rd party download on Github. I do not suggest this for non techies. you would have to enable developer mode etc. . To bad tapatalk did not release a windows 10 App
    Rugbysmom likes this.

Here is a "How To ATTACH Photos" done with Microsoft Edge browser on Windows 10. Your screen may look slightly different, but hopefully this will be enough to walk you through the steps.

Step 1: Click on the Paperclick (Attach Files) icon in the Menu/Edit bar. If you are posting a reply on a thread, you may need to click on "Advanced" first for the paperclip to display.

Step 2: Click Add Files, then browse your computer to find the photo you want. Select it and click OK.
    Step 3: Drag and drop the image to the bottom bar/ribbon and click on "Insert Inline" at the bottom of the screen.

Step 4: You can now close the "Attachment" window and return to your post. The image should be listed as a number with [ATTACH] around it.

Note: You may post multiple pictures on each thread by clicking Add Files, selecting your photos and dragging and dropping all the photos you want to the bottom bar before clicking "Insert Inline."
    Village Moderator

Forever in our hearts:
    And my Heart-Dog...

Bumpity bump bump
    Village Moderator

Forever in our hearts:
    And my Heart-Dog...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678