HOW-TO: Post a picture of yourself in your user profile
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: HOW-TO: Post a picture of yourself in your user profile

Karl Ellzey is offline Dad to a lot of pugs!

Default HOW-TO: Post a picture of yourself in your user profile

These instructions show you how to post a photo of yourself (not your pugs) in your User Profile.

Note: This is NOT that avatar above your name, this is a photo of yourself that other Villagers can find in the Membership Listing, or when they double-click your name to view your User Profile.

Step 1 - Click the User Control Panel (UserCP) in the toolbar at the top of PV.

Step 2 - Under Settings & Options, choose Edit Profile Picture

Setp 3 - You have two options here...

Option 1 - Enter the URL (link) to the photo on another website
    Option 2 - Click Browse to locate the photo file on your computer. Once you find the file on your computer, click Open in the window that has popped up.

Note: The picture must be 150 pixes x 150 pixels or less. You can enter a slightly larger photo, and PV will resize the photo for you (i.e., make it smaller)

Step 4 - Click Save Changes
    Last edited by Karl Ellzey; 05-05-2009 at 10:40 PM.
    Anna-Lullu & Sally likes this.
    Karl Ellzey

Dad to Zeus, Titan, Hera, Apollo, and Luna

^Olympia^, ^Cleo^ , and ^Euro^ at the Rainbow Bridge

PrincessMugs7 is offline Village Royalty

I found this on my psychic ecard exploration...then when I read the title of this thread and saw you used your own picture I said if Karl was a pug...this would be him!!! haha

I love my D'Arcy and Morgan!
    xoxo
    Megan *Space Cadet*

Loconn55 is offline Village Royalty

Sorry to be such a tech moron, but I can't find the UserCP on the PV toolbar, because I don't know where the PV toolbar is: the welcome line at the top in small font, the blue "PugVillage Homepage" line, or the green menu bar with "New POsts" etc.? I can't find it on these, nor can I find anything else on the homepage that could be a toolbar. I typed the term into the search field, to no avail either.

Help!
    Last edited by Loconn55; 06-01-2013 at 06:31 AM.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PugVillage.com
    Advertisements

Wonka & Nilla is offline Village Dancing Jitterpug

PugVillage has had a few updates since this thread was started so the UserCP is no longer called that. You can access and edit information on your from a few different places...

1. Click on your User Name (in blue) way up at the top of the screen where it says "Welcome, Loconn55" (This takes you to the profile page that other people can see)

2. -OR- Click on Forum Actions menu in the green bar near the top of the page. It's under the blue bar, under the PugVillage banner picture. From Forum Actions, click on Edit Profile. This takes you to what used to be called "UserCP" (which was User Control Panel). From here, you can click on the menu choices at the far left to choose a category... from avatar picture to signature, etc.

Now, that being said, I'm not entirely sure how you change the Profile Picture because I see the profile pages differently as a Moderator and so I'm not sure if it's in the same place for regular users. Sorry, I just don't know that answer! I hope the information above is at least a little bit helpful though!
    Village Moderator

Mom to Miss Jelly Bean "Beanie" Licorice Pug and Noodles the Frenchie
    Forever in our hearts:
    Miss Nilla Sassafras Pug August 17, 2002 to April 19, 2018
    And my Heart-Dog...
    Wonka the Dancing Pug, CGC, W-FD, W-TFD.
    Februrary 11, 2005 to May 10, 2020. Miss you, sweet boy!

Loconn55 is offline Village Royalty

Thanks, Wonka & Nilla! I tried, but it says the image upload failed, and it wouldn't take my pic from Photobucket either --file invalid. Darn it! Also wondering where or how I get to the Gallery, and if the Albums are what you put in it. But when I tried to make an Album, there was no code or info on how to add images. I'm stumped!

Thanks, folks, in advance, for any suggestions you might offer so I can figure this out.
    Last edited by Loconn55; 06-01-2013 at 11:03 PM.

ziggamonsta is offline Village Puppy

Hello,

I am new to the site and cant seem to find out how to upload a picture either - any techies out there that can help?

Much appreciated!

maryluvspugs is offline Village VP

I'm not a techy by any means, but I just changed mine. Go to the top right of the screen and click on "my profile"

Then, look on the green bar under the blue bar and click "forum actions" and click "edit profile"

then on the left side in the section "My Settings" click "edit profile picture"

Where it says "custom profile picture" it gives you the two options of using a URL or uploading from your computer.
    Mary

Charlie Brown - 14, Olivia & Emmett the Pugs 3

"Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole."
    -Roger Caras

ROLO is offline Village Mayor

Just trying to see if I was successful uploading - i got the message that the upload failed but Rolo's picture is still showing.

I've also managed to put a giant photo on my profile page under visitor message and try as I might I cant remove it. Who sees it and what's this bit for? Sorry if these are really daft questions!

Wonka & Nilla is offline Village Dancing Jitterpug

Quote Originally Posted by ROLO View Post
    Just trying to see if I was successful uploading - i got the message that the upload failed but Rolo's picture is still showing.

I've also managed to put a giant photo on my profile page under visitor message and try as I might I cant remove it. Who sees it and what's this bit for? Sorry if these are really daft questions!
    The avatar picture is really cute. I'm glad you got it to work!

As for the visitor message picture, you should be able to click on "Edit" and remove it or just delete it. If that isn't working, I can remove the picture for you if you really want it gone.
    ROLO likes this.
    Village Moderator

Mom to Miss Jelly Bean "Beanie" Licorice Pug and Noodles the Frenchie
    Forever in our hearts:
    Miss Nilla Sassafras Pug August 17, 2002 to April 19, 2018
    And my Heart-Dog...
    Wonka the Dancing Pug, CGC, W-FD, W-TFD.
    Februrary 11, 2005 to May 10, 2020. Miss you, sweet boy!

ROLO is offline Village Mayor

Thank you. I've tried to remove it by clicking edit but it just doesn't seem to work. If it's not doing any harm I can just leave it there I guess - I can never have enough pictures of Rolo :)
    Wonka & Nilla likes this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast