My 8 month old female pug - help! - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree48Likes

Thread: My 8 month old female pug - help!

Fla. Pugs is offline Village Royalty

My heart aches for this 8 month old pug to be put through this torment.I would be drooling and stressed out myself.
    This is a baby you have here and your Mother is WRONG and selfish!
    I just placed a call to my Vet and asked her what she thought. After a long pause, she said. please tell me you are kidding me?
    She said your Mother needs to speak to someone such as a qualified Vet to know you never breed this young.
    All I have to say is, good luck with your Mother and may god bless this poor animal.
    Linda~ Bugsy Pug, Millie and Captain Jack our Schnauzers.

Miyaghi~my pug angel, July 27, 2005
    Bubba our sweet pug boy, May 18, 2008
    Luke, May 8, 2012

sBradley92 is offline Village Puppy

Thank you all so much for the input. I don't know what she was thinking, she definitely jumped the gun. She has bred cats in the past but that is totally different than a dog, a pug at that! There are already so many animals in shelters needing homes, no need to bring even more into the world that have no guarantee of a loving home/family. I called the vet and they also told me that she was too young but if the breeding took they could always spay her and take the puppies. I don't want my little girl to have to go through any more stress than she already has :/ Just crossing my fingers that it didn't take and I can get her spayed asap. Thank you all so much for your response. It is greatly appreciated! I am happy to be a member of Pug Village! I will post pics of my little girl Zelda.

Tinker's mom is offline Village Royalty

Zelda is a pretty girl.
    taffiecandy likes this.
    Jackie,Mom to Robbie & Stacy my human children and Tinker my furkid.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PugVillage.com
    Advertisements

6 Beautiful Pugs is offline Village Caretaker of the Old & Broken

I agree with everything said above and my heart goes out to you. I don't know if you, yourself are an adult yet, but if so, I would keep mom away from my dog.

You might also mention to mom that while Zelda is a cutie and I am sure a wonderful companion, she is NOT of breeding quality so even in the future I would not consider breeding her. Let her be the wonderful pet she is.

Take care,
    Lisa
    Fla. Pugs and Lu Ci and Ri Ki like this.
    In a gentle way, you can shake the world.

- Mohandas Gandhi

stephylynnxo is offline Village Mayor

What a cutie!

But I would be very upset if my mom disrespected me & my dog like that. Oh my goodness I would be so mad! Hopefully everything works out for your puppy!

mommy of milo :)

shaynapug is offline True Village Royalty

You're a terrific pug mom!!!!!!!!! Seeing this NOT taking and a spay in the near future!
    Diane
    Shayna Pugs
    http://www.midmichiganpugclub.com
    Chairperson of PDCA Rescue Committee

Rugbysmom is offline Village Royalty

Yikes....what everybody else said, plus the fact that I doubt your mom did a lot of research into finding an appropriate mate, even if your pup WAS old enough to be bred, etc., etc! Does your mother know anything about screening elbows, hips, eyes, and has she ever heard of PDE??!!! I would be sooo mad. How do you know she won't do the same thing again? Pugs can have so many problems whelping, and even if they don't need a C-section, you HAVE to stay with them because they sometimes can't tear the sacs off the puppies, or bite the umbilical cord off correctly. Then the moms often are not good mothers--they would rather stay with their people than stay with their puppies. I, too, would be livid with mom--she's probably hoping to get a free Pug puppy off you, at your dog's expense. If you have to get your dog x-rayed to make sure there are no pups down the line, or if you encounter any vet expenses due to infections because of this breeding, etc, I'd be presenting the bills to mom!
    Rugbysmom

Rugby 7/10/02 - 9/28/15 Miss you, little girl! You're always in my heart!

Molly DOB: 7/6/04

Rugbysmom is offline Village Royalty

Also, if your dog was away from you for 12 hrs & was with the male all that time, they probably connected more than once. Your Pug looks like such a sweet pup....no responsible breeder would be breeding their male with a pup that young, either. They must be hoping to get a free pup out of the deal, too.

Sorry, I don't mean to sound like I'm going off on you....I just think it was really rude of your mother to do that.
    Fla. Pugs likes this.
    Rugbysmom

Rugby 7/10/02 - 9/28/15 Miss you, little girl! You're always in my heart!

Molly DOB: 7/6/04

suepug is offline Village Mayor

she is way to young to breed she is still a puppy herself I won't say what I think of your mother please talk to a vet

sBradley92 is offline Village Puppy

I am so grateful for the overwhelming response to my post and appreciative of the information you have all provided me with. I am a 20 year old female and got Zelda as a young pup. She was the runt of the litter. As much as I would love to see baby pugs running around, I am more concerned about my girls health and also all of the animals that are sheltered and need loving homes. I have talked to the vet and gotten some answers and suggestions on what I can do.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast