My 8 month old female pug - help! - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree48Likes

Thread: My 8 month old female pug - help!

sBradley92 is offline Village Puppy

This is Zelda when I first got her, she was the runt of the litter.

Frodos mom is offline Village Admiral

Let us know what happened.Hope your little girl is ok.

barbaraelizabeth is offline Village Governor

I hope everything is ok with Zelda and she isn't pregnant.
    Poor little girl, you are very mature and sensible, you will take good care of her
    She is beautiful, and just needs lots of care and attention.
    Please let us know how everything goes
    BARBARA ELIZABETH

MUMMY TO RUBY AND LEO

4. Remove Advertisements
    PugVillage.com
    Advertisements

Fla. Pugs is offline Village Royalty

You are old enough to make your own choices with your life and that of your pug.
    I beg you to take her no matter what and have her spayed now. As for your Mother she has no idea to what she has done.

Tell your Mother that she needs to sit down and read some of our comments. This pug I would think was bought for you to have as a
    pet not a breeding machine for Mom. Dont let Mom ever take her from you again!
    Linda~ Bugsy Pug, Millie and Captain Jack our Schnauzers.

Miyaghi~my pug angel, July 27, 2005
    Bubba our sweet pug boy, May 18, 2008
    Luke, May 8, 2012

Just to update everyone - I have taken Zelda to the vet today and she is in fact pregnant. I can't bring myself to abort her puppies so am hoping for a good pregnancy. As you all know, this was done behind my back without my knowing. She is due to have puppies around the 16th-18th of January.

puglover22 is offline Village Royalty

oh i'm so very sorry to hear that......now what.....what are you going to do with the puppies if they survive? breeding pugs isn't for amateurs.....
    this is 3 weeks after your initial post.....why did you wait so long? are you aware that your pug can die giving birth?
    Last edited by puglover22; 12-10-2012 at 03:26 PM.

Stephanie, pugmom to Louie Livewire, born 3/15/06
    and my 4 angels waiting at the bridge....
    the very special Junior, my pug angel who is doing agility at the rainbow bridge 11/22/91 - 3/13/06
    the very special Danny, my first dog, a Dandie Dinmont Terrier 4/5/70 - 2/10/84
    the very special Paddy, the pug who was loved around the world, who my family had the pleasure and honor of loving for the last 3 years and 5 months 5/1/98 - 8/6/14
    the very special Frannie, the tiniest baby girl pug we ever knew - came into our lives 12/18/16 - 6/26/21

Quote Originally Posted by puglover22 View Post
    oh i'm so very sorry to hear that......now what.....what are you going to do with the puppies if they survive? breeding pugs isn't for amateurs.....
    this is 3 weeks after your initial post.....why did you wait so long? are you aware that your pug can die giving birth?

I had previously taken her to the vet and they told me that she was not pregnant and I had no need to worry but, over the past week I have noticed her swelling has not retracted and her tits have started to look fuller. Nervous, I called the vet back and took her in today and they informed me that she is in fact pregnant. This is not the way I wanted it to be but I can't bring myself to abort her puppies. I do realize the risks at hand and I am doing everything in my power to make sure she has a healthy and successful. She will be spayed after having this litter and the puppies all already have homes.

AmberB is offline Village Admiral

So sorry this happened to you and your baby. I pray all will be well and she and the pups will thrive. She is so precious.

Miss Pugg is offline Village Admiral

Oh my I was so hoping she wouldn't become pregnant, she is way too young herself and being a runt makes it even worse. I pray she will whelp without problems but if she has trouble, be sure to get her to the vet immediately and send the bill to your thoughtless mother. Be sure and stay with Zelda for the first three weeks she has the puppies as Pugs are not good mothers as a rule and she could neglect them, from ignorance or from pain. Be sure someone is with her at all times, if she survives the whelping. I wish you the best but it's going to be rugged. DO NOT let her whelp alone when she starts, off to the vet if the poor little baby has problems. I am just sick for her.
    Joanne and now Pugless. My heartdog, Lulu Pug, waits at the Bridge along with Josie and Jasmine, Boston Terriers, Annie, Phoebe and Buffy Pugs, all rescues except for Josie and Lulu. I miss you all so much, my little furry friends. You are living always in my heart and mind. Slumber on, girls. Now living with Ivy, a Boston Terrier, Sassy, rescue Papillion/Doxie. and Ginger, my funny Doxie rescue.
    JoJo's Dogs

BuggLover is offline Village Governor

I'm sorry you have to go through this, it really sucks that your Mom went behind your back. I don't know a lot about breeding but I've heard that pugs often have to give birth via c-section, and if she was the runt and is this young I would think it's an even higher possibility. It might be a good idea to talk to your vet and plan for a c-section... I don't know for sure... maybe someone else can chime in on that. For sure I would call around to the experience pug breeders in your area and ask for their help and advice.
    Owned by Winston the Bugg

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast